Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hip Hop Music Maker?

I've got these rappers coming into the studio with "pre-assembled" beats done with Magix Hip Hop Music Maker. Not bad. As cheap as this program is it seems to be a nice alternative for those who can't really "roll their own" music.

Anyone had any experience with this app?

Anyway, I'm trying to convince these guys to make individual loops out of every track and bring those instead of bringing the entire music bed as a single loop. While the loops sound good (especially for MP3) some of the tracks fade away as the vocals are added. Bringing individual loops of every track would allow some mixing of the music later.

I must say though for a program of that low cost there are an amazing number of quality drum loops, guitar riffs, sax riffs, percussion and more. Quite a value for the aspiring hip hop artist. Kind of an Acid type program but perhaps a little better.

Give me your thoughts.

Lawrence

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by boosh:

The samples are not cleared and cannot be used for professional purposes.

Home entertainment only.

Now I figured that would probably be the case. I had thought about it but never brought it up to these guys.

That's funny. They're producing a commercial rap cd that will be sold on the open market. :)

Lawrence

haven't used the program, but heard that the folks who make logic made it, wouldn't be suprised if you could produce product with it. i mean all you need is talent and you could make a whole album with just a sampler. you can do alot before somebody gets mad at your sample usage. are you just recording them or are you producing them?

Originally posted by Nawledge:

... you can do alot before somebody gets mad at your sample usage. are you just recording them or are you producing them?

I'm just recording them.

If they're using those kind of samples and really don't know diddly about what's going on then they don't have to worry. They probably won't sell shit anyway.

The part about not knowing diddly I'd agree with. The "those kind of samples" comment I disagree with. In rap / hip-hop "those kind of samples" find their way to many records.

The samples / drum loops that come with the program and that are available on the ftp site are very good for that style. This is not classical music after all. ;) Their plan (and it's been done many times before) is to sell "out of the trunk" until they pick up a following and can maybe book some shows.

That genre's fan base is anything but predictable when it comes to who they think is hot.

Lawrence

With those kind of samples I didn't mean they're bad or non musical in anyway. I meant Uncleared samples where no royalties have been paid for.

I have the musikmaker series here myself and the loops are perfectly usuable.

I personally don't give a rat's ass if people make beatz with sampled material unless they do it good. I would be honoured if they sample my music. Unless they rape my stuff and don't give me credits and a little cut of the pie :)

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

Archived