Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Just some good boogie playing someone posted

I "music-know" the singer on this, and she posted this video of her with a piano-player and guitarist from this weekend. It looks like the pianist is local too, but somehow I've never seen or heard of her before this. I thought she did a bad-ass job, so I figured I'd post it here. Her solo is last. Takes a couple of clicks to settle in, but I love the rhythmic thing she ends up finding.

Keyboard is Kawai MP10.

https://www.facebook.com/lori.jones.5245/videos/2040493325981796/

"

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Checking it out. :thu:

Also, you can usually see what the video sharing is set to holding your mouse over the little silhouette icon under the person's name/the post title. You'll see the time, the location it was shared from, then the little silhouette. If it's public, the silhouette will turn into a globe.

Checking it out. :thu:

Also, you can usually see what the video sharing is set to holding your mouse over the little silhouette icon under the person's name/the post title. You'll see the time, the location it was shared from, then the little silhouette. If it's public, the silhouette will turn into a globe.

Hey, don't age-profile me. I'm totally down and hip and jiggy and grok with all that stuff, and also thanks, yes, private to poster's friends and I totally checked on my own and not just because you told me where it was, nope.

"

Is this piece from the sixties, viewed as boogie ? I associate the word boogie with the woogie part. In any case nice playing on both their parts.

Here is the original recording that Ramsey Lewis used as his song.

[video:youtube]

[video:youtube]

The acoustic bass player sure makes the pianists' role much easier.

A real piano also makes it better, and the live audience is great fun. ( I hope it IS live- supposedly recorded in DC! )

edit Listening to this recording reminds me of the artistry of Ramsey Lewis.

I had the good fortune to have the guitarist and killer drummer from a more contemporary Ramsey Lewis group, sit in with a band I was in. They told me, Ramsey was a master pianist. You know how when you are young and foolish and you might look at a recording like this and falsely think it's no big deal. As I have matured, I know that playing like Ramsey Lewis back in 65, WAS a big deal.

Just listen to the frequent use of crescendo and decrescendo. He is as good or great a blues pianist as I can think of. A Master.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

OK, I cut out the middle man and just went to some of her youtube vids. Here's her doing "The In Crowd." Solo starts at 1:50, and ramps up nicely at 2:50.

Any idea wha she's playing there? Looks like possibly a custom re-box in other photos...

image.jpg

Yamaha P515, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.