Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Karaoke with a treble clef

A retired buddy of mine sings and plays alto sax on old tunes (think Benny Goodman through the Beatles) with an arranger keyboard. He used to have software that interacted with his Tyros (model 1!) to display not only lyrics but synchronized scrolling music that he could use to read / cue sax parts.

He's lost track of the software, and asked me if I knew of anything like that. I don't, so I figured I'd put the question out to this bunch.

As described, there are three staves visible, automatically scrolling in tandem with the currently playing sequence, so you can always see at least one line ahead.

Do any y'all know about that software? Extra points if it runs on a Macintosh.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive heard of it before, but you arent thinking of One Man Band or Band In A Box, are you?
I don't think so -- what I am seeking is a realtime auto-scrolling fake book, displaying the melody to play (and perhaps lyrics to sing) in sync with the currently playing accompaniment sequence.

Part of the difficulty is that I am looking for software as described by another.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

BIAB for Mac doesn't scroll, but the notation viewer shows a few bars at a time. It might show lyrics in that view, I don't remember.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Hi Tom --

I've gotta ask. Is the Tyros displaying the notation, lyrics and chords? Tyros, PSR and Genos can display scrolling staves with notes, lyrics and chords. It's driven by MIDI SysEx and META events embedded in a Standard MIDI File. Could your friend be referring to a program to create/edit the chord/lyric SysEx and META events?

All the best -- pj