Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Vocalists here.. your favored, recommended source for lyrics

I prefer

Convenience

Free, preferably

Since songs cover almost 100 years.. do I need more than one source?

Thanks

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a ton of sites, I usually just google the song with the word lyrics. Different sites may have different songs. You can also find YouTube videos with the lyrics karaoke style.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

There are a ton of sites, I usually just google the song with the word lyrics. Different sites may have different songs. You can also find YouTube videos with the lyrics karaoke style.

oki doe ki

Thank you

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

I like MetroLyrics, primarily because lyrics can be cleanly copied and pasted into Word, secondarily because accuracy seems to be over 95% dependable . . . a word or phrase tweak is still occasionally needed.

Kawai KG-2D / Yamaha CP33 S90ES MX49 CP4 P515 / Hammond SK1 / NS3 88 / NS3Compact

QSC K8.2s K10.2s KSubs / SoundcraftUi24 / SSv3 / GK MB112 MB115 MB210 Neo410

I'm holier than thou, so I buy the record and read the liner notes.

No, wait, no I don't. I just google them and they come right up.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

AS others have said, I Google them, and whichever site comes up with the most accurate lyrics wins.

I cut/paste them into a document, add my notes/chords/whatever, make a PDF out of it and put it in OnSong

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

Bear in mind that some people purposefully post inaccurate lyrics in an effort to sidestep legal problems. I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think that the defense "but it wasn't really the lyrics 'cuz it was wrong" would stand in a court of law. What do I know? In a case like this, look for the mumbled, hard-to-understand lyrics to be accurate, but the clear, easily understood lyrics to have something obviously wonky:

"And she's buying an escalator to heaven..."

Because everybody knows that part of the song--it's the oddball "bustle in your hedgerow" that they need help with.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Not a vocalist's bootlace but I write plenty of lyrics sheets for vocalists.

IMRT just use Google and see what pops up.

Bear in mind that lyrics (even those on album liner notes) often differ subtly from what can be heard on the recording.

Depends how pedantic you are about such things, but I heartily recommend using your ears and listening to the recording that you're covering in conjunction with whatever it is you've found as a lyrics source.

Edit: Unintentionally threw in a couple of adverbs for you there mate. Plus a bonus at no extra charge in this addendum.

In defense of inaccurate lyrics, I've seen some atrocious stuff on albums and CDs I bought. Of particular note to me was ELPowell's cut "Love Blind," on which the official lyrics were "I'm a love blind", which made me think of a duck blind. Actually, Lake was just voicing the consonant "L" in "love" as if it were a vowel -- which it is, functionally.

Besides which, we get what we pay for.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361