Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Joe visits Dallas This Weekend

My cousin is this guitar player and every year for the past few years he's been exhibiting at and performing at the Dallas International Guitar Festival. I don't give a... hoot about the guitars, but there are some good acts performing I will check out and I'm mainly going to be there to hang with my cousin. We spent summers growing up together on Long Island and he was a big influence on my musical tastes, introducing me to lots of music.

I'll be staying at a hotel in Irving/Las Colinas, and the show isn't far from there. I don't have any specific plans except Friday night going to Prosper where a friend of his lives, and seeing Rob perform Saturday am. I wanted to throw this out there if any D/FW-area forumites want to get together at some point while I'm up there, that would be cool.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Along those lines, Sunday night I'll be flying to Houston returning Friday, so...

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

well damn, Joe..... I am out of town this weekend.
Phooey! I did notice you didn't have any gigs up there, otherwise I might have tried to go.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Bummer Joe, we are off this weekend as well. Maybe next time!
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Joe how long will you be in town?
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Sorry I missed you guys! It was a crazy weekend, starting with the drive. We left Houston at 11 and didn't get to our hotel until 4:30 after construction stoppages and some heavy rain. Then we hooked up with my cousin and his friends in Prosper and were there until near midnight. We spent most of the day at the guitar festival [there was a Hammond M3 in a console-style cabinet in one booth and a Minimoog as well as a couple of other classic synths in another booth so it wasn't all pure hell] and then crashed after that.

Sunday, I was done and ready to split so we did after we got something to eat.

Internet connectivity at the hotel was fine except when it wasn't, so I didn't spend much time online and didn't get to check this thread until now. My bad. I'll be better next time, :(

Joe let me know next time in advance and we can hook up for sure. PM me and I will give you my cell number.

Archived