Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NTD (New Toy Day)

Fred_C

I decided to spend my tax refund on gear. Hence, the Bartolini pickups. It was a pretty small refund. Not enough for a new guitar.

So I was shopping around and came across the Line 6 Amplifi 30 table top amplifier. This thing appears to be amazing!!! It's about the size of a briefcase and designed to sit on a table. Output is 30 watts STEREO into two "4 way" speakers. It is Blutoooth capable and will function as a music system. There is a software interface to what appears to be limitless options. If you play along with a tune, the amplifier will emulate the tone of the guitar on the recording. FRICKIN' AMAZING.

It just arrived yesterday and I have not yet opened the box, but I think it's going to be a lot of fun!

You gents have to check this out to find out all the stuff this little cutie will do.

https://line6.com/amplifi/

If you play cool, you are cool.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great find, Fred C.! One of my friends in the EM community is very happy with her Helix system, as well. Lots of great sounds, some of them unique to Line 6. Have fun!

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Enjoy amigo. It looks cool. I always liked the Line 6 stuff more than the rest of that kind of thing. My Line 6 Pod XT was a great modeler, I got some smokin sounds out of that until I gave it to my kiddo...

I know you'll be calling some of the greats down from out that cloud Brother Fred! (my 1st would be Santana!). Have fun with the new tool and keep us posted on any new sounds you discover. You are now an official techie! Congrats! :thu:
Take care, Larryz

Thanks for the kind words, gents.

@Bro. Larry:

No, I'm not a techie. I am basically a "plug and play" kind of guy. I normally plug a guitar straight into the clean channel of the amp, tune up and start playing. I will probably not use 80-90% of the functionality of this amp. But I am looking forward to having aa high quality Bluetooth speaker in my bedroom to listen to Pandora, YouTube and other musical sources.

+1 Brother Fred, I'm a straight in kind of guy too...but, if I could call up a favorite player and get some of his settings, I would give it a try. I wonder if there are any jazz chord melody players up there to choose from? Maybe capture the sound of any of your favorite players just by playing along with their CD...Main thing, is have fun with it. Listening pleasure is always another reason for getting enjoyment out of it, but do experiment a little and let us know what you find...I'm hoping it really sounds great! :cool:
Take care, Larryz

Sure. Do keep us all posted as to how much you're enjoying it.

And I DO sincerely hope for your sake it's not an "all gimmick/no glory" electronic toy. The whole concept does sound amazing.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

I got a facebook ad alerting me that Lovepedal was having a sale in its shopify store... I was drifting to sleep in bed, perhaps a susceptible time? Anyway, I couldn't resist, with a code that took 50% off, I ended up ordering pedals I've always read good reviews of for the price of one ($150)... their Blacktop Deluxe and JTM overdrive pedals and Hermida EPH-3 (tape echo simulator) Delay pedal... the pedals aren't built, yet, so I'm not sure when they'll be delivered, but I'll let you know how I like them... if nothing else, I could sell them to "internet ordering averse" folks here for list price if I don't like them.

I also was half-asleep and didn't think to share the info of the sale here, so I apologize, but it was around midnight so I'm not sure who would've seen it in time... I think I just beat the deadline.

I've been using Lovepedal pedals for the last year. A Champ, Jubilee and Stir of Echoes. Great overdriven low volume sounds for bedroom practice. The Stir of Echoes is the delay I've always looked for. I saw the sale, he does that a couple times a month. Great pedals.

+1 Brother Fred, I'm a straight in kind of guy too...but, if I could call up a favorite player and get some of his settings, I would give it a try. I wonder if there are any jazz chord melody players up there to choose from? Maybe capture the sound of any of your favorite players just by playing along with their CD...Main thing, is have fun with it. Listening pleasure is always another reason for getting enjoyment out of it, but do experiment a little and let us know what you find...I'm hoping it really sounds great! :cool:

@Bro. Larry,

We really do think alike. It was just yesterday that I was thinking t that I could get a tone like Joe Pass or Johnny Smith orJim Hall. I promise you that I will experiment. This really does seem like a fun toy. I am looking forward to playing music through it.

I also like the idea of listening to the vast library of music on YouTube (man, there's everything out there) and listening to some great artists on Pandora.

Archived