Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gig Clothes

J. Dan

Paid expedited shipping but clothes won't get here. So I've done a number of theme bands and clothing is always difficult. This band I'm playing with this weekend has a biker feel but playing a wedding. I ordered stuff online that's almost formal biker, but it's not making it. How would a biker dress for a wedding? I'm gonna bring a vest and several long sleeved shirts along with bandannas and caps, black jeans....I guess I'lll figure it out.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last gig I played with these guys I asked, and the answer was "well, pretty much like normal, maybe a little nicer". Well, normal is bandannas leather and chains. What's a little bit nicer? Lol

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Don't know about for a wedding, but generally you shouldn't be wrong with any Harley themed clothing or boots. Your local Harley dealer likely has a good (if not cheap) line of that clothing.

In colder weather, I've played in the praise band with my (no logo) biker leather jacket and Harley boots.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

In colder weather, I've played in the praise band with my (no logo) biker leather jacket and Harley boots.

Now this I have to see .....

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

facebook.com/smokingunsrock

facebook.com/acoustaxx

I would do what my band calls the 'rock look' or the 'dressy rock' look. Tight jeans, cool shoes, maybe a designer T shirt and modern well-fitting leather jacket.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

1) "Formal biker" sounds oxymoronish to me.

2) Not all leather is biker leather. Bikers can spot a poser from miles away.

3) Don't touch the bikes without asking!

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Having been at many biker weddings, I would suggest that you dress like yourself, unless you ARE a biker. Way too many wannabes in this world.

Also, skip any Harley Davidson motif unless you know the participants ride Harleys (and, believe it or not, many bikers don't).

Credentials:

1991 Harley Davidson Softail FX-STC

Life Member: HOG, AMA, ABATE, MMC

Don

"Yes, on occasion I do talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert's opinion."

Alesis DG8, ARP(Korg)Odyssey Mk.1, Roland JU-06 & Keystation61. Stratocaster if I get tired of sitting.

... skip any Harley Davidson motif unless you know the participants ride Harleys (and, believe it or not, many bikers don't).
And unless you actually know something about Harleys. Harley riders are like musician gear heads. Like guitar players, if they see you wearing Harley gear, they'll immediately want to talk to you about pickups or Harley models or whatever it is guitar players and Harley riders talk about. Keyboard players of course just have meaningful conversations about keyboards.
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

And unless you actually know something about Harleys. Harley riders are like musician gear heads. Like guitar players, if they see you wearing Harley gear, they'll immediately want to talk to you about pickups or Harley models or whatever it is guitar players and Harley riders talk about.

Funny when I wear my Indian gear Harley riders don't talk to me :laugh:

Actually most bikers really don't what you ride.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

My first band is the official band of the Harley club, Thursday Night Riders....They are super nice and anytime I have a gig, I can put any nice long shirt, or a T-Shirt talking about music or a white shirt....The other members, well, not all, just the guitarist and the singer have their TNR (Thurday night riders...) black shirt but they have never asked me to change anything....What they like and exo CR from me is that I do a killer solo on my C2 or a sweet synth/brass sound on any of your classic rock repertoire and that's it....
Stage 2, C2, NL2X+TC Pedals, P08+Tetra+H9, P12+TC Chorus D50+PG1000, 2 Matrix 1K, Proteus 2K, TX802, Streichfett, Drumbrute. Guitars:G&L Legacy, Asat X2, Ibanez Artstar AS153.Bass: L2000, SR1200&2605.