Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Super Rare Clone wheel (NOT)

wd8dky

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one of those. Was hip for about a 6-month period. I forget what I moved to .....maybe a CX Korg??

Funny, I don't remember a Leslie effect in it. I thought I used a MidiVerb thingie that had a Leslie effect in it. MV4 ??

Formerly âChiefDanGâ - nobody calls me chief anymore.

I'd agree that the asking price is probably high. For its time, the thing did the job, but what an unfriendly interface!

I believe that Brian Auger used a DMI 64 for a minute when he toured with Eric Burdon long ago. I used mine in the 90s with the Voce MidiDrawbar unit, a Leslie, a single keyboard controller and a bunch of rack mount stuff. The DMI 64 was okay sounding when paired with a Leslie (or even a Ventilator - I experimented), but we have come a long way in the past quarter century. On the other hand, the drawbar unit has continued to be much more useful over the years, as it has real drawbars and pairs very well with current software organs.

While you're there, check out the 'Similar Items' at the bottom of the listing.... More 'rare', pricey stuff, especially the original Rev C Muse Receptor for $638. Good luck with that. I barely got $900 for my Receptor Trio w/PreSonus AudioBox 1818 VSL..

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I had one, couldn't get enough gain out of it but back then it seemed like a marvel to me.....still have it in my basement on my 'odd things shelf'....it was an odd thing!

mine is black, one of the very 1st ones . . .a Ver.1 with no LED, just one very mult-function button . . .

SP6, CP-50, FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, XK-3, CX-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Thing about the later Voce units is the tone was always pretty good. I had a Micro B Back in the day with a Korg G4 and people loved it. I traveled two hours to buy mine in Utica NY as most of the Voce units were only sold at some retailers.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

This post is definitely not OT!

This is very nostalgic. I had this unit and used it live for about 6 months in between vintage Korg CX3 and Hammond XB2. This Voce was pretty tough to use as the UI was not the least bit intuitive. The sound was just ok but lacked gain. The later Voce units were way better. I still have some Voce gear around somewhere.

When a gig requires a quick setup I still use a V5+ w/ a Vent. The tone is pretty much on except maybe the top half of the upper octave. Reduction of 5 1/3 drawbar fixes that. Can't split C/V and the C/V is ok but not of the same quality as the newest clones. One of the neat features, it offers all 5 sets of drawbars if you have the controllers to make it happen. With the PC3 being such a flexible controller I was able at one time to get all 5 working as an experiment. It uses the modwheel to switch between the B and Bb presets.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

facebook.com/smokingunsrock

facebook.com/acoustaxx