Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fund for Coaster.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll cough up some Kibbles 'n Bits, but I would make a few requests. First, I request that we do NOT ask Coaster first whether we can send him the money. After all, he could very well say "no thanks, I'm fine, please don't send it" but at the same time, secretly want the money. I think that's what I would do if I were him. I'd say no, but I'd think yes. Plus, the fact that he expressed himself about this in this forum already is his way of opening the door.

Therefore, I think if we're going to do this, we should send the money, period, no matter what he says. If he doesn't want it, he can throw it out.

Another request is for someone who has met him or at least spoken to him on the phone verify that he exists, that he's a real person, flesh and blood, not a kid playing a prank. With that other thread about the guy sending his stuff to someone he trusted in this forum, and then the guy disappears on him, it would be nice to know everything is cool.

My last request is can someone who is a longtime member of the forum handle the money. If NYC Drew can't, can someone like Craig, or The Dr. Evil Guy, or Lee do it? They could set up a donation account in Paypal (I think there's a menu item for this under new business accounts, or somewhere). Maybe the Paypal account could be made transparent so everyone could see how much money is in it. Not for lack of trust, but because it encourages donation.

Meow.

Dooby Dooby Doo

<>

I agree. For all I know, that is someone impersonating the real Coaster. That was actually my motivation for wanting to get in touch and ask if he wanted help...to find out a bit more.

The reason why I think it's important to get approval is that some people have insurance or disability or whatever that goes away if they have a source of income. Granted that the circumstances he described probably preclude this, but I DEFINITELY don't want to end up causing more harm than good. Maybe rather than ask if he wants it, a better idea would be to ask him if there's any reason why we shouldn't.

As to the handling of the money, I suggest that people just send checks directly to Coaster once we've verified address and such. As to NYC Drew's generous offer, I can set up a temporary email address and you can send it an email stating how much you sent. When it hits $500, I'll let him know. If it doesn't get that far and a reasonable amount of time has elapsed, I'll let him know that too.

Does this all make sense?

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Originally posted by Duddits:

If NYC Drew can't, can someone like Craig, or The Dr. Evil Guy, or Lee do it?

Note to self: Time to change the avatar. ;)
:D

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Originally posted by Ani:

Gus,

Speaking of avatars, I like your new avatar; it's very well done.

Any news about Coaster?

I'm getting nervous :(

www.guslozada.com

Nothing yet.

Another forum member that I'm extremely concerned about is Wrave, one of my SOMA guys. I've not seen any posting from him lately on my private forum or on these public boards, I've attempted to contact him by email, and I just dropped an email to Bob to see if he still has Wrave's phone number; if not I'll dig through my old forum script to see if I can find where he sent his number to me for my trip to Indiana last year. Wrave was coming off of medical treatments for a chronic condition he suffers in Feb. I'm really concerned about him because he is usually very good to stay involved and always responds to my emails. Not to hijack Coaster's thread, but I'm very concerned about both guys.

I'm in as soon as things get figured out... I can do at least $50, more if I'm having a good week. I'll keep checking this thread for news, and several of the SoCal people as well as Craig have my phone number.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Craig,

I think everything you say makes sense, as it usually does. While I don't think that this amount of money would qualify as income, I understand the concern, courtesy, and real issue behind it.

Also (assuming that everything is cool), while the check idea makes things simpler and direct, we might generate more money through paypal, because it makes things easier and more private for donors. Of course, it's more of a hassle for the point person.

Anyway, 6 of one, 1/2 a dozen of the other. Whatever you guys decide, I'm in!

Dooby Dooby Doo

It's kinda freaky, not hearing from Coaster and all...

iirc Cereal and he are real-life buds, right? Grew up together and stuff?

Is Cereal oddly missing too?

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Here is a post from a thread I dug up that was from quite some time ago;

The Studio Pet-Rock

Gold Member

Member # 12867

posted 04-08-2002 06:55 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Curve Dominant:

So coaster is taliban. That explains coaster's "phuck philly" signature, since I was always gung-ho for the war on the taliban from the get-go.

coaster's real name is Dave Tesch, and he's a smarmy-looking little dude with glasses and a frighteningly dated mullet haircut. I know this, because he once sent me an email with a jpeg attachment of his band. Don't ask me why.

The Curve is a little wary of this multi-username thing. I've never indulged myself. Don't have the time.

I'm still wondering why my signature still doesn't appear under my posts.

E

That's funny. Having known Tesch for about 7 years now,I don't recall him ever having a "mullet".

Perhaps he sent you this jpeg (if this actually ever happened) at some point when the two of you were on good terms. Don't ask me why.

We're all good at something, I suppose. Some will go to great lengths to insult others in an attempt to perpetuate thier self-perception of coolness with the desire of being accepted by whoever for whatever. Yada-yada.

I don't know if this is actually his last name, but it appears to be as such in the given conversation.

Dave Tesch is the name of a well recognized Bicycles designer... too.

The Studio Pet Rock just left the building right on my birth day !

www.guslozada.com

Does anyone know if his woman's name is Kara? If so, I believe I have located his phone number. Although Tesch is a shortened version of the name. I also seen the name Dave Tesch in another site where they were discussing music recording, so I would venture to say it might be him. Though one thing, did Coaster go through a more recent divorce within the past couple years? I'd hate for us to get ahold of an ex-wife in trying to reach Dave.

I hope the cat gets well soon.

only what iffen he don't get better?

All my support will have to be of the MORAL pursuasion although I commend you goode folkes for wishing to help a friend in need..

it does take a village..

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

Archived