Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tine bass notes tine rattle in Mojo 61 Rhodes?

Jazz+

I play left hand bass on my Mojo 61 Rhodes and I cant seem to reduce the tine rattle sound on the low bass notes (becomes extreme when using the octave lower transpose ). I have used the editor and reduce each parameter to see if it will soften and none of the available parameters do the trick. It is not really a problem in the mid and high notes just all of the low notes have it overemphasized, Crumar,!if you are reading please add something in the editor so I can tame the tine rattle in the bass notes without disturbing the mid and upper range notes. With my suitcase 1974 Rhodes I had about 1/10 the amount of tine rattle vibrating noise. It goes away if I play ppp, but I cant play that light continuously.

Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 850 of Harry's solo piano arrangements of standards and jazz tutorials at https://www.patreon.com/HarryLikas 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you tried adjusting the sample player parameters, like piano harp or lightening the attack parameter? Go into the "select sound" tab and choose sample player, then one of the rhodes (Mark 1 Clean), then select edit engine. Try adjusting the sample player parameters.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Ok, I think I found a workaround to help reduce the pronounced bass rattle. The amp simulator called AC boosts the bass a lot which helps cover up a lot of the bass note rattle effect so it sounds balanced.

Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 850 of Harry's solo piano arrangements of standards and jazz tutorials at https://www.patreon.com/HarryLikas 

Wow, just a follow-up, the AC amp simulator is amazing. Its fattens up the whole Rhodes sound and makes it sound analog. Great now for walking bass. The Twin Reverb amp setting and most of the others just make it thinner . But the AC iand the Bassman simulator make the bass warmer and bigger, which masks the bass tone rattle sound. The Bassnan is too much bass , but the AC is great!!! Love my Mojo 61 even more now!!!

By the way, I have ordered an all tube vintage re-issue 1968 Fender silver face Princeton Reverb amp with the bassman tone mod. Looking forward.

Glad the rattle effect has been resolved. The lower octave of my SV-1 does the same thing.

Taming bass notes in the lower frequencies does require tweaking the amp simulator if it exists on the KB and/or using an outboard EQ. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

You know, the lower tines rattle in my real rhodes too. They might have gotten it too right

HammondCV,M3,L101,C6,SK1,xk5,Farfisa Combo Compact,RolandVR09,JX8P,vk09,Sound Canvas,CrumarTraveler1,Rhodes suitcase73,Wurly200,HohnerD6,KorgMS20,CasioCZ-101,Yamaha CP25,TX7,mx61,CasioCZ-101,PX110

Correction: it is the RJC (Roland Jazz Chorus amp sim) that fattens the lows and mids on the Rhodes not the AC (Vox AC)

Archived