Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

i'm having some severe pain

Of all the extremely good advice here, the second opinion is el primo.

People tend to trust doctors. DON'T. There's a wide range of dedication and intelligence in there.

I had serious depression for decades, for no good reason. I could have had the best day in the world, yet things were still dark. I went to a variety of doctors, shrinks, took some antidepressants for a while (they didn't work), everything. Finally I just came to the conclusion it was something I was going to have to live with.

Then when I was getting a physical and I told the doctor about my depression, he said "Have you ever had your thyroid checked?" Turned out I had an imbalance. For $12 a month in very mild thyroid medication the depression went away. I still get depressed -- doesn't everybody -- but only if there's a good reason. Big improvement.

Then again, there's the woman I know who was told 13 years ago she had six months to live. Oooops, the doctors kind of got that one wrong too. I only wish my blood panels were as good as hers .

Clean up your act to reboot your bod, then find some real doctors. Stall on paying your bills as long as you can so you can find out what's wrong. Don't give up because there IS an answer out there, but it may be hard to find.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how long this has been going on, or what the background is, but from what I have read, it reminds me of a condition I experienced once years ago. Very rare, but ask about Pleuritis (spelling?). I had it when I was young (17). Very painful, chest and back pains, hurts to breath or even lay down, absolutely miserable. Since I worked out, the original diagnosis was pulled muscles. The doctors couldn't figure it out, my mother finally did (nurse on a mission - researching). I suffered for more than 2 weeks before the correct diagnosis was made. If I remember correctly, it started shortly after I had the flue/cold. The Pleura is a thin covering that protects and cushions the lungs, when it becomes inflamed by infection, it causes pain (stops cushioning). Since we constantly (hopefully) breathe, the swollen condition of the Pleura creates friction which only exacerbates the condition. I can't remember what type of drugs they gave me, but do remember that I had several days of strict bed rest before it finally went away. I never experienced it again.

I don't know if this fits your condition, but thought it was worth mentioning. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

listen to me you fat pig

ditto on a gallon or more water a day

add 25 grams of dietary fiber a day, it cleans out your plumbing

veges & fruit

more water

chicken, fish & lean beef

you gotta walk. it's good cardio. even 1/2 hr/day

lose the booze, no smokes, you don't need twinkies right now.

get better you s.o.b. :cry:

Take some advice here, Coaster. Get a second opinion, or a third.

Nothing worse than realizing you could have been properly cared for, had you only asked the right questions and asked them as many times as necessary to get through to the docs. (Well, nothing worse than keeling over because you never had the chance to ask. ;) )

Hope you feel better soon.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I'm so sorry this is happening.

It's so true, the times when things are OK are so precious- we are all so fragile.

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

Well it's been two complete days since we heard from Coaster.

The only person I know of that was personally in touch with Coaster was Medtrck, also known as The Pet Rock, or something like that, can't even remember the guy's name. Anyone remember him? I think he signed off of The MusicPlayer Forums a while back, but maybe someone can pull up one of his old messages and see if he has an e-mail listed. I just did a search and can't find any of his messages.

Really concerned about Dave. I hope he checks in here soon.

What about Cereal, do you think he would know how to contact Dave in person? I know a lot of folks seem to think they are one in the same, but I don't think so; perhaps Cereal might know how to contact him.

Anybody remember Dave's last name? I'm having a brain fart and can't.

Maybe he'll show up that way via the net. Google search can be wonderful at times and even whitepages.com may have him listed.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Before we all completely panic: when Coaster's been sick before, he's had to be hospitalized for a few days to be put on monitoring equipment to constantly check his blood oxygen. During those times, he hasn't poseted. The optimist in me tells me that he's there again, or is just feeling too weak to sit up and use the computer now.

I hope he's okay. I really like the guy.

- Jeff

• 1 month later...

That's way too many meds to be taking for a single condition.

The answer to your problem is probably a simple one. It seems to be eluding your doctor, but it won't elude YOU if you look for it. In fact, it may be somewhere in all the good advice that has already been posted on this thread.

In the meantime, I'm sending up a prayer for you. Hope you feel better soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like it's time for a high colonic, Dave.

Seriously.

I've been doing research into these. Had one not too long ago.

The difference is amazing.

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

• 3 weeks later...

Dave's last name is Tesch, I think. I've not heard from Coaster since the initial post in this thread. Back when we began looking at taking up a collection, thread title "Coaster Fund", Pet Rock Studio came on to say that Coaster was fine. The fund drive ceased to exist and I guess that everyone assumed that PRS had been in contact with Dave and was speaking from first hand knowledge. I am still a bit concerned about him.

Thanks for bringing the thread back to the top Nursers.

Anyone have any news on Coaster... or any means of contacting him to see if he's okay?

Archived