Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Statement from Jay Wolfe, premier Heritage dealer i

Fred_C

Hey Gents,

I am posting a thread from the Jazz Guitar Forum, The OP of the thread is a friend of Jay Wolfe. Jay is the owner of Wolfe Guitars and the largest Heritage dealer in the country. Jay is super knowledgeable and a really nice guy. He has a lot of cred with Heritage management and the guitars he sells are absolutely gorgeous examples of Heritage craftsmanship.

Jay's announcement is regarding the quality of Heritage guitars moving forward after the sale of the company a short time ago.

REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION OF THE OP.

http://www.jazzguitar.be/forum/guitar-amps-gizmos/65925-announcement-jay-wolfe-re-improved-heritage-quality.html

If you play cool, you are cool.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the info Brother Fred...there is a discussion of the Heritage situation going on at our "More ill Omens from Gibson thread"...I'm sure others will be interested in the article. It does show another side of the story. :thu:
Take care, Larryz

Even though I agree with you Brother Fred, I wound up buying a new Les Paul this last year LOL! It only cost me $1,600 and I'm very happy with it. I had a Les Paul Deluxe back in '72 and sold it in '83. I have always kicked myself in the ass for selling it. So, when I came into a few unexpected bucks, I decided to buy one last guitar. It really brought back some great memories as soon as I picked it up as it has the same neck as my old one did. This one is in Cherry sunburst with 57 humbuckers...

Heritage makes some great guitars and I hope under their new management, that they can continue to do so. I would buy one myself if I didn't have so many guitars. I did sell a Fender Bass and a Fender Jaguar, so I'm winning by attrition by selling 2 and buying 1 LOL! :cool:

Take care, Larryz

Don't know if anyone else noticed, but Bandlab, the company that's now behind Heritage, is also the company that just picked up Cakewalk, after it got orphaned by Gibson. Someone smells blood in the water, folks . . .

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

It's good to know there is another side of the coin on this, but I find the statement "BUT the fit, finish & especially the setups would vary from just pretty Okay to awful" to be rather suspect. I don't have personal experience with Heritage but that observation is completely out of keeping with their longstanding reputation as being at the top of the heap quality-wise. I've read a whole lot of opinions & personal reviews on this brand & NOBODY has ever said they are OK at best & awful at worst.
Scott Fraser

Even though I agree with you Brother Fred, I wound up buying a new Les Paul this last year LOL! It only cost me $1,600 and I'm very happy with it. LOL! :cool:

Bro. Larry,

No offense intended (and I hope none taken). I don't own a solid body. I tend to think in terms of hollow and semi-hollow designs. $1600 is a great price on an instrument that I assume is similar in design and execution to the highly respected Les Paul Standard. Enjoy it!

It's good to know there is another side of the coin on this, but I find the statement "BUT the fit, finish & especially the setups would vary from just pretty Okay to awful" to be rather suspect. I don't have personal experience with Heritage but that observation is completely out of keeping with their longstanding reputation as being at the top of the heap quality-wise. I've read a whole lot of opinions & personal reviews on this brand & NOBODY has ever said they are OK at best & awful at worst.

I agree with this post. The fit and finish on my H575 Custom is beautiful. It truly is a gorgeous, well crafted guitar. I was uncomfortable with that statement as well. In truth, I would not even notice a bad setup since the first thing I do when I acquire a new instrument is to take it in to my guitar tech for a pro setup. He knows how I like my guitar set up and

really does a nice job for me (and well he should, since he's maintaining 5 instruments for me. I must qualify as a "valued customer".

Don't know if anyone else noticed, but Bandlab, the company that's now behind Heritage, is also the company that just picked up Cakewalk, after it got orphaned by Gibson. Someone smells blood in the water, folks . . .

Astute observation.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Even though I agree with you Brother Fred, I wound up buying a new Les Paul this last year LOL! It only cost me $1,600 and I'm very happy with it. LOL! :cool:

Bro. Larry,

No offense intended (and I hope none taken). I don't own a solid body. I tend to think in terms of hollow and semi-hollow designs. $1600 is a great price on an instrument that I assume is similar in design and execution to the highly respected Les Paul Standard. Enjoy it!

None taken Brother Fred! I was not in the market for a solid body or any other body as I'm trying to quit buying guitars LOL! This one is called the Les Paul Classic. My old one was quite heavy and that was one of the reasons I sold it. This one is chambered although you can't tell by looking and it's a little bit lighter. It also has Grover locking tuners which I really like and the wood finish is beautiful...like you, I like having my guitars set up. Now that I have finally picked out the strings that I want to use, I'm ready to take it in! It is very comparable to a $3,000 +/- LP...Thanks for the good wishes! :cool:

Take care, Larryz

Does the heart good to discover that some place quality and profit on the same plane of importance. Not just paying lip service.

Still looking to see what those(Heritage) are like. Their website only listed one dealer in my area( and not that close at that) and by the time I found the place I discovered they went out of business a few months earlier. :(

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Still looking to see what those(Heritage) are like. Their website only listed one dealer in my area( and not that close at that) and by the time I found the place I discovered they went out of business a few months earlier. :(

Whitefang

Yeah, they don't have very many dealers. They are high-end instruments of incredible quality and beauty. As I've mentioned in other posts, when I picked up my H575 Custom after the initial setup, my tech said, "this is a very well made guitar". Yes, they're expensive- but worth it. If I were looking for another high-end instrument, it would certainly be a Heritage and I would undoubtedly buy from Jay Wolfe.

Archived