Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Thursday Funk to get you going

bennyray

Just ran across this old video and MF is doing their thang.

Good Clav playing video from 1978.

Im still Facebook friends with guitarist Moses Mo. We go back to the early 1980s together, in Atlanta. Their drummer, B.B. Queen, used to sit in with us, when we did one of their songs (Piece Of The Rock). They were a hard-rocking funk band, live. The early 1980s in Atlanta was a great place for music. Mothers Finest, The Producers, The Bus Boys, Swinging Richards, Momentum, Indigo Girls. Im forgetting some.

eta: The Dregs.

[video:youtube]

I lived in Stone Mountain about 15 minutes from downtown ATL. back in the day and used to see MF play at Harlow's alot. I knew the Producers as well. I played in a band that did some shows with MF where we were the opening act for them back in the early 80's when they were doing club shows. Moses had a younger brother that played guitar in a band called Illusion. Moses joined that band for awhile when MF took a break.

I lived in Marietta, around the corner from The Big Chicken, then moved to the corner of Lindbergh & Piedmont behind Half Moon Saloon, where the Indigo Girls got their start.

Were you living there in, say, '86 to '89? Uf so we were neighbors....

No, I left Atlanta in 1985. Would you have been my neighbor in Marietta or Buckhead?

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived