Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A nice story...

Dave Ferris

https://mailchi.mp/61bb60994a79/special-0-holiday-financing-from-keyboard-concepts-1404005?e=78fea71f54

Be sure to click on "additional photos and details".

The tech mentioned, Ed Whitting, I consider one of the best in LA. In an elite class.

He did some work - both regulation and voicing-- on my piano at around three years in and shortly thereafter I felt it really "turned a corner", opened up and began to blossom.

He's in Orange County, a bit of a hike from me but he's simply great.

Now if Steinway could just do something about my arthritic neck. :cry:

https://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

NY Steinway D

Yamaha AvantGrand N3X, P-515

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://mailchi.mp/61bb60994a79/special-0-holiday-financing-from-keyboard-concepts-1404005?e=78fea71f54

The tech mentioned, Ed Whitting, I consider one of the best in LA.

He did some work - both regulation and voicing-- on my piano at around three years in and shortly thereafter I felt it really "turned a corner", opened up and began to blossom.

He's in Orange County, a bit of a hike from me but he's simply great.

Now if Steinway could just do something about my arthritic neck. :cry:

Interesting story !

I´m suffering from (not only) arthrosis issues not allowing operating pedals in sitting position anymore.

Not really THAT problematic because I´m used to play (multi-) keyboards in standing position since several decades,- but also there, it gradually becomes more worst.

But it´s a great read Bosendorfer (!!!) found a way helping her.

I avoid asking what the costs were,- and when looking at the pics, she herself looks relatively young.

So I wonder what she´s suffering from.

Spinal canal stenosis or such ?

A.C.

P.S.:

arthritic neck ...

I have it too,- on a x-ray, mine looks bended to the opposite it should be.

Keyboardist´s issue when sitting in studios for a long time and staring on sheets while performing,- and (!) when editing patches and staring on (tiny) displays.

It came quick.

I got this issue already in ~ 1981 or ´82 when I was working in studios almost every day.

I remember I visited a chiropractor every week at that time.

He freed me from hurt, but the deformation is still present.

Kind of like standup desks you see all over the place in companies.

Way back when, I had a CP-70B, and I wanted to get it up higher so I could stand up at gigs. So my solution was a bit lower tech; we built 4 relatively small wooden boxes, I think around 1 ft cubes. We'd set those out and hoist the CP with it's normal legs up on the 4 cubes.

The one thing I needed to mod was the sustain pedal shaft. That was pretty easy, just figured out the length needed, found a similar diameter shaft and cut the length to fit.

The whole thing worked very well. The boxes were strong enough to support the heavy rig, and withstood a young long-haired rocker's heavy handed approach. I think I used to slap an OBX on top of the CP. Thing worked great for years.

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

Really nice story Dave, thanks for sharing. :2thu:

Way back when, I had a CP-70B, and I wanted to get it up higher so I could stand up at gigs. So my solution was a bit lower tech; we built 4 relatively small wooden boxes, I think around 1 ft cubes. We'd set those out and hoist the CP with it's normal legs up on the 4 cubes.

I did something similar but constructed an approximate 5 x 4 x 4.5 wooden platform onto which I placed the CP-70. The sustain pedal rested on the platform so no need to extend the damper rod. We reinforced the underside of the platform and it was solid as hell. Supported a CX-3 and Prophet-5 on top of the CP. Had to re-spray paint it black a few times over the years when it got nicked up. The platform was bulky to transport but nothing compared to the piano. :laugh:

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Kind of like standup desks you see all over the place in companies.

The one thing I needed to mod was the sustain pedal shaft. That was pretty easy, just figured out the length needed, found a similar diameter shaft and cut the length to fit.

The whole thing worked very well. The boxes were strong enough to support the heavy rig, and withstood a young long-haired rocker's heavy handed approach. I think I used to slap an OBX on top of the CP. Thing worked great for years.

Well, yeah !!!

It soundeed all like a CP70b,- not a Bosendorfer, no ?

Way back when, I had a CP-70B, ...

same as above ...

:)

A.C.

Very compassionate response all the way up the corporate ladder.

Great story.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"