Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What song is this?

EVC

Looking at the SP6 thread I was curious and while listening to the presentation I liked the song he plays a piece of from 8m36 through 9m00

[video:youtube]

Any idea of what song is it? It sounds somewhat familiar but I don't know it anyway.

I am somewhat impressed how good a piece sounds with what looks to me the keyboard tastefully split into three zones (percussion, maybe with bass, bassoon and brass (?) making the piece simple but at the same full (one man's orchestra).

Thanks for your inputs

Edited: I tried to place the video at the 8:36 mark but it did not work. :(

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I Shazzamed it, it says "Purple Hills" (Original mix) by DJ Tebza. Don't know if it is correct, but does sound like it when I found the YouTube rendering of it. https://youtu.be/hXutYTT4oeY

Don

"Yes, on occasion I do talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert's opinion."

Alesis DG8, ARP(Korg)Odyssey Mk.1, Roland JU-06 & Keystation61. Stratocaster if I get tired of sitting.

Thanks for the tip. Does not sound like it though: rhythm is very different and I was not able to recognize the tune (I tried some other versions in youtube). However, that could be a case where version sounds much better than original (The Carpenter's Ticket to Ride version comes to my mind) of course IMNSHO ;)

At first I thought the same thing, but since it was a "mix", I did some searching and found versions that sounded closer. But, you know Shazzam, the "almost" what you heard when they don't have a complete positive ID. Will keep my ears open.

Don

"Yes, on occasion I do talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert's opinion."

Alesis DG8, ARP(Korg)Odyssey Mk.1, Roland JU-06 & Keystation61. Stratocaster if I get tired of sitting.