Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hiwatt

HiwattUKofficial

Hi All,

My name is Dave, I work for the new owners of Hiwatt.

I'm posting to introduce myself, answer questions and generally talk all things Hiwatt!

The trademark was bought by a Canadian team of Hiwatt enthusiasts 2 years ago, since then they have assembled a team of highly skilled, dedicated people to bring the brand back to it's former glory.

We've used the last 2 years designing and really focussing on building the highest quality amps.

The official relaunch of Hiwatt is this spring at Musikmesse in Frankfurt.

We have some exciting new products coming, including our new Mike Fortin Modded Amp the "Custom Super-HI 50", which will have more updates released soon.

Hope you're all well and look forward to talking Hiwatt.

Dave Smith

Public Relations|Social Media

Hiwatt

Instagram

Facebook

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had a Hiwatt combo, a Bulldog all-tube 50 watt, with channel switching. God, but I miss that amp!

I lusted after one of these for a very long time... and a Park combo. Both rare as hen's teeth, seemingly.

A Hiwatt 20 watt tube amp is probably most desirable to me these days.

I had a Hiwatt combo, a Bulldog all-tube 50 watt, with channel switching. God, but I miss that amp!

I lusted after one of these for a very long time... and a Park combo. Both rare as hen's teeth, seemingly.

A Hiwatt 20 watt tube amp is probably most desirable to me these days.

We will be releasing a 50w bulldog, and also our Studio/Stage amp will be available as a bulldog (40w/20w switchable).

just in case you're interested... :cool: haha

Dave Smith

Public Relations|Social Media

Hiwatt

Instagram

Facebook

We will be releasing a 50w bulldog, and also our Studio/Stage amp will be available as a bulldog (40w/20w switchable).

just in case you're interested... :cool: haha

If you decide to give one to a poor but deserving American geriatric, I know one... :rimshot:

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Hi All,

My name is Dave, I work for the new owners of Hiwatt.

I'm posting to introduce myself, answer questions and generally talk all things Hiwatt!

Affirmative, Dave. I read you.

bqqaj4r.png

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Affirmative, Dave. I read you.

You broke the page. Please limit future images to a width of 800px or less. Thank you.

- the management

(not really, but it sounded good)

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Place is really jumping to the Hiwatt amps

Til a twenty inch cymbal fell and cut the lamps

In the blackout they danced right into the aisle

And as the doors fly open even the promoter smiles

Someone takes his pants off and the rafters knock

Rock is dead, they say. Long live rock!

I rock; therefore, I am.

TBH, Ive never had the pleasure of trying a HiWatt, though I know some of my guitar idols love them. Maybe with this reorganization, Ill get the chance.

Good luck with the relaunch!

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Where or who is handling the manufacturing? I'm curious what transformers the new amps will use. I'm sure they will have updated components.

The OLD amps were prone to failure on this side of the Atlantic. They used a 110/220 transformer. Primary voltages in the US have rising since the 50's and are around 120v now. The power section of the amp couldn't correct the bias back to spec and they would burn up. After about 10 minutes your EL34s can be in flames. Some new grid resistors and adding a bias trim pot could usually fix the issue and make for a hell of an amp. They are more open than a Marshall. They make for a great Leslie power section once you correct any meltdown issues. Something to keep in the back of your mind should you ever find an old Vintage Hiwatt. They are worth the additional power supply work to convert to adjustable bias.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

My mate had a Hiwatt, he hated it. Heavy and no gain channel. I somehow had the lend of it for a short period: love at first strum! Can't remember too many details (it was 20 years ago amidst my misspent youth) but it was an older, 2x12 valve combo with a killer clean sound. It was surprising that he didn't like it as we were/are both big David Gilmour fans.
aka Spiral Light from a past life.

Archived