Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Useless Trivia

here's some January Birthdays: Jan. 3 - Sir George Martin Jan. 3 - John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin Jan. 3 - Stephen Stills, Buffalo Springfield and CSN&Y Jan. 6 - Syd Barrett of Pink Floyd Jan. 8 - Robby Krieger of the Doors Jan. 8 - David Bowie Jan. 9 - Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin Jan. 10 - Rod Stewart Jan. 10 - Donald Fagen of Steely Dan Jan. 10 - Pat Benatar Jan. 11 - Clarence Clemons of the E Street Band Jan. 13 - Trevor Rabin of YES Jan. 15 - Ronnie Van Zandt of Lynyrd Skynyrd Jan. 17 - Mick Taylor of the Rolling Stones Jan. 19 - Janis Joplin Jan. 19 - Robert Palmer Jan. 19 - Dewey Bunnell of America Jan. 20 - Paul Stanley of Kiss Jan. 22 - Steve Perry of Journey Jan. 23 - Patrick Simmons of the Doobie Brothers Jan. 23 - Robin Zander of Cheap Trick Jan. 24 - Warren Zevon Jan. 26 - Eddie Van Halen Jan. 27 - Seth Justman of the J. Geils Band Jan. 27 - Nick Mason of Pink Floyd Jan. 29 - David Byron of Uriah Heep Jan. 30 - Marty Balin of Jefferson Airplane/Starship Jan. 31 - Phil Collins of Genesis do you folks have any useless trivia? please share.. -Matt
In two days, it won't matter.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everything I do is useless trivia. I heard somewhere in one of those weird email things that gets forwarded around that a pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes. That's pretty useless trivia...unless you happen to be a pig.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

The world's largest collection of preserved human brains is maintained in a WW II era bomb shelter beneath the Runwell Psychiatric Hospital in Essex, England. 8,000 brains collected over the past 40 years are available for researchers to study. The collection has already provided valuable information on boxing-associated brain damage, schizophrenia and Alzheimer's disease.
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

Just in case you are serious, 'Rold, and aren't familiar with Warren Zevon, you may wish to do an internet search. Semi obscure 70s vintage rock and roller (but still active) with actually one hit, "Werewolves of London"...but many other notable tunes for those who wish to delve. Seems to me like a lot of the stuff I've heard of his leans toward dark or darkly humorous.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Tedster, I WAS totally serious - never heard of him to my knowledge..then again I'm no poster-boy for good memory either.. :D I have heard Werewolves of London, and possibly more of his material, but you know how good radio hosts are at mentioning songs' authors :rolleyes: hmm..another piece of useless trivia: if you get dismembered, your brain stays active for another 8-10 seconds... :eek:
meh

Utterly useless trivia... In the Atari 2600 game, adventure (the one with the dragons that look more like rabid ducks) if you take all the magic items, along with a single pixel dot hidden in the black castle, to the room to the right of the Gold Castle's exit, you can move through the wall and read the programmers personal signature! That's been useless for over 15 years! Fun for you and your hole..... ...family! :D Top that! ;) (The sad part is, I'm sure someone [i]will[/i]!)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

[quote]Originally posted by Tedster: [b]Just in case you are serious, 'Rold, and aren't familiar with Warren Zevon, you may wish to do an internet search. Semi obscure 70s vintage rock and roller (but still active) with actually one hit, "Werewolves of London"...but many other notable tunes for those who wish to delve. Seems to me like a lot of the stuff I've heard of his leans toward dark or darkly humorous.[/b][/quote] Yeah Baby bump up that one hit wonder thread. What a totally boss song. Maybe he did other stuff but this is the one I know about. You can hold a clinic with his bottleneck guitar tone. It growled like a werewolf! :D

[quote]Originally posted by Cereal: [b] Yeah Baby bump up that one hit wonder thread. What a totally boss song. Maybe he did other stuff but this is the one I know about. You can hold a clinic with his bottleneck guitar tone. It growled like a werewolf! :D [/b][/quote] The album/song 'Excitable Boy' by Warren Zevon was great in it's day. A couple good ones I remember off that record was 'Roland the headless Thompson gunner' & the title song, 'Excitable Boy'. These were the ones played on the radio back in '77. (along w/warewolves..) It was kinda like punk/bizarre music, along the lines of The Talking Heads. Here's the 'Mac Faq', everything you ever wanted to know about macaroni & cheese but were afraid to ask: http://www.geocities.com/macandcheesebox/macfaq.html#best draw blood, Matt [ 12-30-2001: Message edited by: Hippie ]
In two days, it won't matter.

[quote]Originally posted by Tedster: [b]Everything I do is useless trivia. I heard somewhere in one of those weird email things that gets forwarded around that a pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes. That's pretty useless trivia...unless you happen to be a pig.[/b][/quote] Oh yeah, its true..[b]OH BABY, ITS TRUE!!!![/b] :D

Scott Benson

www.syborgstudios.com

Archived