Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kronos playing live - turning down volume of drum tracks

MrVegas

Many of the Combi's and Programs in the Kronos have drum patterns that can be activated by pressing the drum track button. For my tastes, the drum track is usually too loud in relation to the contents of the Combi or Program.

Can anybody tell me how to turn down the volume on the drums while playing in a Combi? Is it possible to do it in a non-Combi Program?

Thanks

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Kronos 88, Korg CX-3, Motion Sound KBR-3D

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Many of the Combi's and Programs in the Kronos have drum patterns that can be activated by pressing the drum track button. For my tastes, the drum track is usually too loud in relation to the contents of the Combi or Program.

Can anybody tell me how to turn down the volume on the drums while playing in a Combi? Is it possible to do it in a non-Combi Program?

Thanks

I am in general agreement that drums are mostly 'too loud ' on many songs. And Kronos factory programming also over emphasizes drum volume

I don't believe there is a ' global drum volume ' feature on Kronos.

In Program mode, go to the Basic Vector tab to reduce volume. And save it

In Combi mode, it looks like you have to view the 16 timbres/programs, and drop the on screen slider for the midi channel the drums are on. You might have have to go to timbre parameter for further tweaker due to midi channel. and save.

In Combi mode, the Drum track tab does not have a volume adjustment.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

I am in general agreement that drums are mostly 'too loud ' on many songs. And Kronos factory programming also over emphasizes drum volume

Same with the Korg M3. First time I played it in the store I thought there was an earthquake. Fortunately it wasn't turned up all the way... :freak:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Archived