Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Winter NAMM 2018 Planning

Geoff Grace

As most of you know, the 2018 Winter NAMM Show will begin Thursday, January 25th at the Anaheim Convention Center, and run through Sunday, the 28th. This year, I've decided to create three threads: 1) an advance thread for speculation, wish lists, and early product announcements, or "NAMMticipation" as I like to call it, 2) an advance thread for planning: how to get passes, when and where to meet up with other forum members, etc., and 3) the traditional NAMM Reports thread for product announcements, videos, and reports from members on what and who they saw at the Convention Center.

This, of course, is the planning thread.

Please post any Winter NAMM 2018 plans you'd like to make or questions you have about passes or lodging here.

As for me, I'm hoping that there will be another Keyboard Corner forum gathering this year.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

many foreigners at NAMM, may or may not be difficult for you to get a badge, Anne. I have never been but would be certain foreigners are welcome at the Red Key Lounge (Friday night forum hang).

The more, the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

I haven't been to a forum hang since they were held at Buca di Beppo. Is the Red Key Lounge the destination again this time around?

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

many foreigners at NAMM, may or may not be difficult for you to get a badge, Anne. I have never been but would be certain foreigners are welcome at the Red Key Lounge (Friday night forum hang).

The more, the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

:):):)

Thanks Geoff & Dave.

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

Hey!

I slept through the the opening day fiasco of hotel assignments and lost our fantastic venue. I'll be on it for next year for sure.

Here's a bad idea...

If it's a BYOB hang, we could almost certainly hang in the lounge of the Homewood Suites like the last few RedKey lounges. Just no pool or grill access.

Or, someone else take the lead this year and we'll join in.

I'll be sure to get the RedKey Lounge happening again in '19.

I'm happy with a BYOB hang or whatever. Whatever works. I just think it's cool to hang out with everyone.

Dan, oversleeping wasn't it. I logged in the morning of, right at the correct time - as if buying concert tickets - and I got shut out of the Hilton too. It never even showed up in the list of available hotels. First time in 20+ years that I've gotten shut out of the Hilton. I can only imagine that maybe they decided to hold back a huge block of rooms for exhibitors? I am on the standby list, and if I get the Lanai Deck room that I requested will gladly offer it up for a KC hang. They did offer me a suite for like $650 a night, too rich for my blood. We'll see what happens.

I plan to attend the show Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning and then get the hell out of Dodge.

In a worse comes to worse scenario, we can always do a hang at my hotel. There's a decent bar that serves food...and at the end of the hallway, there's usually a piano that we've taken over before the year Carlo came over - that was awesome.

I do have an early Friday night dinner that I have to attend this year, but I can meet you guys later...or maybe we could do it on Thursday/Saturday evening...?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Thursday or Friday evening would be optimal for RedKey and me (we leave early Saturday). I remember the hang with Carlo at the hotel dB mentioned - that was a lot of fun. I think Mike Martin was generous with a few of us on the bar/food tab that night (among other nights), so BYOB scenarios seem to work out better to maximize efficiency :)

The name of the hotel mentioned was never revealed.... if that's in fact where the hang will be.

That's because this is a public internet forum. :idea:

Brother Redkey has worked out a pretty decent communication network at the show that's worked pretty well the past few years. If nothing else, anyone can swing by and see me at my booths (Amphion 15322, Cloud/elysia 15422) to check and see what the deal is.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

The name of the hotel mentioned was never revealed.... if that's in fact where the hang will be.

That's

Brother Redkey has worked out a pretty decent communication network at the show that's worked pretty well the past few years.

dB

Does it involve a special handshake? :D

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

I wish I could join you guys, but unfortunately I will be in Italy.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Yeah, I am doing a show there. Love Italy! But its the second year in the row I am missing NAMM...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Archived