Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PA speaker/monitor with Bluetooth

ElmerJFudd

I have a few rehearsal and gig scenarios where it would be more than convenient to be able to amplify music from iOS device or laptop without needing a 3.5mm cable. And without needing to carry a redundant monitor for keyboards.

Any recommendations on a make/model that now has Bluetooth input included?

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alto TS212W. Audition one, you will be surprised.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Thanks, helpful. Good suggestions.

Yes, we saw a few Pro speakers with the Bluetooth audio streaming as a new feature. But not brands we are really more familiar with. I'm sure there will be more come winter NAMM.

My Turbosound iP1000s have bluetooth sound and for controlling its internal mixer. I really like these speakers, best sound purchase I have made in a long time.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

I also just stumbled on a Radial solution.

http://www.radialeng.com/images/btpro/bt-pro-34.png

Bluetooth reception to 12 meters (40 feet!)

Dual balanced XLR outputs to connect to PA system

Built-in headphone amp for troubleshooting

Isolation transformers to eliminate buzz and hum

Ground lift switch

Stereo to mono switch

Powered via mini USB (5V)

...you don't have to worry about someone hijacking the audio stream with their own Bluetooth device - once a device is paired with the BT-Pro, a passcode is required before audio can be streamed.

Anyone figured out if the Turbosound or Alto offer a locked Bluetooth stream like the Radial box to keep wise guys from jumping onto your monitor? Generally is it possible to kick someone off of a bluetooth stream once one has been established by yourself?

Don't JBL EONs have bluetooth?

Yes, but I believe it's only for adjusting the DSP/EQ and other settings. I don't think you can stream audio from your mobile device, like you can with the Gemini.

That is correct, only for their app to adjust EQ.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Anyone figured out if the Turbosound or Alto offer a locked Bluetooth stream like the Radial box to keep wise guys from jumping onto your monitor? Generally is it possible to kick someone off of a bluetooth stream once one has been established by yourself?

The only way that could happen is if you put it in pairing mode. My phone is paired to mine and my ipad is too. The phone can lock out the iPad and vice-versa I have also seen the phone kick the iPad off. Put an unpaired phone cannot. So someone in the audience would not be able to do that unless you put it in pairing mode.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

Archived