Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

reverb.com.. asking for CC card info!

I-missRichardTee

I am attempting to sell Mojo on reverb.com. They want all credit card info including CVV number! I am not in the habit of giving that info out.

Any suggestions on this issue? :thu:

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am attempting to sell Mojo on reverb.com. They want all credit card info including CVV number! I am not in the habit of giving that info out.

Any suggestions on this issue? :thu:

Great big RED FLAG, especially the CVV. You are under NO obligation to give them that. I don't even supply it to PayPal.

Ok ok... we can start a no holds barred fight with me as referee unlessen one of you others, want to do the referee duties.

The Real MC in this corner and QB Dave in this corner.

We have snarling MC sayin Red Flag Red Flag... and in this corner we have mild mannered Gentleman Dave in this corner.

A classic battle between East Coast and West.

Stay tuned

PM me if interested in referee job

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

Hahahahaha. My money is on the Best Coast!

I don't see giving out a CC# and a CVV as being a red flag. In fact, it's just about the safest thing you can give out, as your credit card has all sorts of fraud protection built-in under federal law. I personally am not a fan of debit cards, as the consumer protection laws are much weaker. Most banks have polices for debit cards that are basically equivalent to a credit card, but those are policies, not laws. Policies can change at the whim of the bank.

I don't see how you can sign up for Pay Pal without either giving up this information, or your bank's ABA routing number and your account number.

You are under NO obligation to give them that.

Sure, because you're under no obligation to use their site.

Of all the things in life to be worried about, giving a reputable vendor your CC and CVV is pretty far down the list.

Of all the things in life to be worried about, giving a reputable vendor your CC and CVV is pretty far down the list.

Exactly. No biggie.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

And we are expecting Snarling MC to come out of his NY state corner with all the fury we have seen from another New Yorker, who got in a little trouble.. Mike Tyson.

Ok Smokin MC what have you to say for yourself? And this time.. absolutely no ear biting.

And we are expecting Snarling MC to come out of his NY state corner with all the fury we have seen from another New Yorker, who got in a little trouble.. Mike Tyson.

Ok Smokin MC what have you to say for yourself? And this time.. absolutely no ear biting.

Well at least I'm not the one covered in blood.

040210_rock_em_sock_em_robots_3.jpg

I don't see how you can sign up for Pay Pal without either giving up this information, or your bank's ABA routing number and your account number.

Years ago I gave them all that. But instead of my primary card, I used a secondary card for the credit card, one I could close later. The card expired, PayPal nagged me for a new card, and I ignored them. I refuse to use my primary card for recurring expenses or for internet payment services.

For buying.

The OP was selling.

For buying.

The OP was selling.

But he intends to do both, correct?

- sell a keyboard

- buy the listing/clearance service provided by Reverb

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Doesn't reverb charge the seller somehow? Or are they commission-only?

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

It's normal for Reverb. Like eBay, you don't have an account for selling and another for buying--you just have one. They don't differentiate between buyers and sellers.

Once you've got an account set up, chances are fair to middlin' that you might just end up buying something sooner or later.

While you're at it, you might just want to cruise through the Yamahas they've got going...you might even find something you like. There's a panel on the right hand side, near the top, that will tell you if that particular seller will take offers. You never know, they might just take you up on your offer. That's how I ended up with my Kronos X.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Commission on sales, but you can buy "Bumps" to get your ad up at the top. Some other stuff, too, but I'm hazy on the details, it's been a while since I've looked at all that. I'm trying to get a guitar ready to sell--I'll need to bone up on the details.

Also bear in mind that you'll (presumably) be buying a shipping label. I don't remember whether that's charged against your sales price or your credit card.

And furthermore...they're going to ask for your checking account info, so they can deposit your money in your account.

That's the part I like.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

My credit is not very strong... I have no CC .. I have a debit card. Can I get a high interest, very limited amount Credit card I can give reverb?

I would rather be on the ( safe side of no CVV # on a debit card ) side of the east coaster who is not bathed in blood... if you followed that!

Here is the relevant FAQ from their web site:

Why do I need a credit card on file to list an item on Reverb?

In order to collect any bump fees, shipping label fees, or selling fees that can't be deducted from your Direct Checkout payouts, Reverb requires a credit or debit card on file with your account as a seller. To adjust your billing preferences or change your billing card on file, head to this page in your Reverb account. Your credit card is charged at the end of each month for any outstanding fees.

-----

I've only done one reverb item and that went fine. The payment processing fee (2.7% + 0.25 using their Direct Checkout option) was deducted from the deposit to my checking account. But for whatever reason, the selling fee (3.5%) was charged to to my credit card.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

1. Is it possible in the US to get a debit card that has a CC number and CVV? That way you can use the service without going into debt.

2. Giving over a CVV to a reputable online business is legit.

3. I'm sorry to say that whether or not you choose to use your cc online or not, give out your CVV or not, you'll get zero increased protection against online fraud. Assuming the business you're dealing with is reputable, of course!

Its not a big deal, they just want the info on file so if you sell they can charge you the selling fees. I sold a rhodes suitcase on reverb with no problems at all. They are a reputable company actually based close to me in Chicago , part of Chicago music exchange.

"Ive been playing Hammond since long before anybody paid me to play one, I didn't do it to be cool, I didnt do it to make a statement......I just liked it "

I sold my Nord piano on Reverb a few months ago and it was a good experience. You save on shipping, and payment was issued promptly once buyer received the item. They charge a perentage on your sale, but its reasonable.

I dont trust or like Paypal, I closed my account years ago after a security breach, and they wouldnt close my sons account after he illegally created one as a minor.

Here's my PayPal horror story: I won a audio interface auction at eBay and it was offering PayPal as a payment method so I made the payment from my PayPal account. The audio interface was about $200 and I had about $500 in my PayPal account. Soon I found out that the seller had cancelled the transaction. I emailed him asking what's the problem and he said that PayPal advised him to deny the sale because the buyer's email showed that it was a fraudulent account. I called PayPal about 4 times and got great lip service each time but I still don't know what was wrong with my account. Haven't used PayPal since then.

Tee, you should be able to a get pre-paid Visa or something similar from your bank.

You can even buy pre-paid credit cards online in the UK so that you can gamble without worrying about US gambling registrations. They're expensive, though.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Tee, you should be able to a get pre-paid Visa or something similar from your bank.

You can even buy pre-paid credit cards online in the UK so that you can gamble without worrying about US gambling registrations. They're expensive, though.

The reverb.com fee is fair enough

so now I would be adding the new Credit card fee, I guess.

Tee. Gather up all your stuff, take it to GC. Trade for the Tyros 5. Done. Then when you discover the T5 isn't really it after all, it'll only be one thing to deal with.

I am thinking the Genos ( tyros 6/ sort of a half Montage ) is even better

Have to head back up to LA to hear it again.

I will have to really love it to sell some valuable stuff.

Well at least I'm not the one covered in blood.

040210_rock_em_sock_em_robots_3.jpg

Years ago I gave them all that. But instead of my primary card, I used a secondary card for the credit card, one I could close later. The card expired, PayPal nagged me for a new card, and I ignored them. I refuse to use my primary card for recurring expenses or for internet payment services.

For buying.

The OP was selling.

I like your cautionary approach

and how did you get those representations of abstract blue and red boxers going? Cool

Archived