Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

USB inputs on amp

J. Dan

Normally when I rehearse at home, I just run through my K10 to stay consistent with how I'll be gigging, but the RCA inputs I hook my iPad up to are common to channel B which means if I want to also run both my keys and guitar (I run direct through a POD), I need a separate mixer. No biggie just extra stuff to hook up.

I picked up a little used combo amp for my guitar just for home (Line 6 Spider V 30). I've had it for about a week but just last night decided to check out the USB port on the back. I had assumed it was for some editing app or something, but to my surprise, iTunes played through the amp - great for practicing. Then I started thinking how cool it would be if the k10 had that. Then I started wondering if other powered speakers in fact DO have anything like that. Anybody aware of that? I know the key large has a USB audio interface....will a phone or iPad automatically play audio through that or does it require some special driver?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roland has the MX1 mixer which has usb in channels on it, but AFAIK powered speakers leap frogged over usb to Bluetooth.

Which models have blutooth? I didn't even know about that. Both of these would seem to be very inexpensive additions.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Roland has the MX1 mixer which has usb in channels on it, but AFAIK powered speakers leap frogged over usb to Bluetooth.

Which models have blutooth? I didn't even know about that. Both of these would seem to be very inexpensive additions.

Check out Gemini's latest stuff. I know, it's DJ gear. :sick:

But that's where the "new design" money is these days.

Also my buddy gave me a 1/8" to Bluetooth converter that I have not had a chance to mess with. He told me I could plug this into a powered monitor ( w/ a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter ) and

stream audio from a phone. There are many options out there.

Personally I like good old fashioned XLR.

MPCX, RD-800, Vsynth, Matrix 12

Archived