Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Another blog post: maturing as a musician

cphollis

"Funny how,,, I make you laugh? "

"I almost had him" " You may fold under questioning"

Couldn't resist. But on a serious note... HOW am I funny?

No, no, it's just the way you tell the story, you know? It's funny!

:)

I'm not ragging on you, man, I just like the way you tell the facts!

Actually, your posts are always interesting and informative, and I appreciate them.

Firstly, thank you.. esp in light of my knack for putting my foot in my mouth.

But secondly... It was not obvious in my post that I was teasing you?

I knew and worked with Joe Pesci- us as two musicians, back in the day. So his sense of humor as portrayed in that YT clip is something we from NYC / North Jersey guys grew up with. We saw that kind of humor nightly in clubs and later on in the evening at the ubiquitous Greek diners that populated that area. Those times at the late night diners were some of the silliest moments in my life. And I like silliness with an edge. As a matter of fact I am almost positive the various characters in those neighborhoods HEARD variations on the " how am I funny.. do I amuse you" routine, before it was ever in a movie.

It was called breaking balls. I am sure there is a variant of it now in modern society, yes?

Anyhow thank you for getting my off the wall sense of humor, and so on.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no way Chuck is serious on that blog.

It's just too over the top funny. Nobody can both buy anything and play anything they want to!! Oh. ok.... maybe Keith Jarrett or Herbie.

The fact that he sucked in both T and T is genius!!

J a z z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage8 | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

What's T and T?

Please don't say Dynamite.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

I knew and worked with Joe Pesci- us as two musicians, back in the day.

Awright! This thread is getting even bettr.

Also the posts after!

Man, keep this up and I'm going to be laughing until a long time.

But still, I gotta have the whole story about you and Mr. Pesci I did my time in the city, then up in Buffalo, but I wasn't in the club, you know.

So, what, you f*ck his wife?

And my favorite, since I gained twenty pounds since lent in this year, "So what, you're worried about your weight, so don't eat, you fat fu&&!"

Hey, I'm not going to apologize for getting OT -- music is fun, and so is the other stuff.

Like I was thinking about tunes like "Silent Night" and stuff done in a groove way, sometimes it's hard to remember to laisser les bons temps rouler, après tellement de ce Bach canons, fugues, etc.

:)

I can't add much else other than to say Joey had a terrific ballbusting type of humor.

When he was a teen, prior to my meeting him.. as many Italian american singers did, he worked as a barber. The antics that went on in that shop... I wish I had been there.. it would have been a great movie. Think "Coming to America" with Eddie Murphy in the barber shop, meets Abbott and Costello. A very very funny place to be, that barber shop.

We were by no means super close, nor unfriendly either...just 2 pros. Joey- Just one very multi talented funny funny man.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

I can't add much else other than to say Joey had a terrific ballbusting type of humor.

When he was a teen, prior to my meeting him.. as many Italian american singers did, he worked as a barber. The antics that went on in that shop... I wish I had been there.. it would have been a great movie. Think "Coming to America" with Eddie Murphy in the barber shop, meets Abbott and Costello. A very very funny place to be, that barber shop.

We were by no means super close, nor unfriendly either...just 2 pros. Joey- Just one very multi talented funny funny man.

Cool story. The Tri-State Italian thing is great. I love that and it's hard to get other actors not from the area to get the inflection. If you grew up Italian it's even funnier.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Yeah, I showed up as the totally humble dude to a new band situation. A seriously talented female vocalist, plus a bunch of guys along for the ride.

OK, fine, I know the deal.

Just laid back, made them all sound super amazing. Talented female vocalist said "you're the man, you make me sound good". Ok, fine, the rest of the male musos had to sort of deal with that. I offered them olive branches throughout.

We'll see how it works out. But I think I have a THING for talented female vocalists. We'll see how it works out?

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Archived