Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Crumar Mojo (Dual Manual) Update v.2.4

Sven Golly

From Crumar's FB page:

Hello Crumar Folks!

You talked, we've been listening. New update for your dual manual Mojo with VB3CE2 version 2.4. This update brings some improvements over the Rotary FX Simulation plus other minor changes.

Changes in VB3CE2 v.2.4:

New refinements to the Rotary effect algorithm with less resonances on the high

frequencies, more defined bass response and wider sense of motion;

Parameters Ambience and Cabinet are now zeroed by default;

Parameter Front Stop is now selected by default;

This update also includes the changes in the unreleased version 2.34:

Fixed issue with missing notes when playing piano with COMBI n.2;

Fixed issue when playing piano from an external MIDI keyboard sending on Ch.6.

As usual, feel free to download, install and enjoy your Crumar instrument! :)

http://www.crumar.it/?a=support&b=4

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is willing to meet me in S Cal to help me install the latest system on my dual Mojo?

Hammond Dave offered this a few years back, but I never followed up, and I have not heard from Dave in a while.

I was banned from the exclusive Mojo Yahoo group, ironically for being critical of one of the updates because I felt it took away from the Leslie effect that I liked so much. That update created more flexibilty in the Leslie effect, but I did not wish to deal with 9 million possibilities... rather I preffered what Zio already created.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

Who is willing to meet me in S Cal to help me install the latest system on my dual Mojo?
I'll do it. You are willing to pay my airfare and lodging, right?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I'll do it. You are willing to pay my airfare and lodging, right?

Are we talkin Southwest or some high fly falootin Paris Texas Concorde deal. We have Motel 6 here if that is acceptable.. but if you only stay for an hour, give or take.. we have No Tell Motel too. [video:youtube]

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

Does the Leslie sim update carryover to mojo 61?

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Changes in VB3CE2 v.2.4:

New refinements to the Rotary effect algorithm with less resonances on the high

frequencies, more defined bass response and wider sense of motion;

Anyone who owns a dual manual Mojo, do this update 20 minutes ago.

It is dope. :puff:

Simple, quick install.

Obviously I haven't spent much time with it yet, but I tried it out using Gregg Allman's "Dreams" settings, chorale with C3 then tremelo and I am a very happy camper. Others will be much better with words than I am, just suffice it to say except for the moving air it sounds authentic. There is much more clarity and definition to the leslie sim

:nopity:

Sigh. I am paranoid about installing these updates. In fact, I skipped the last one. Partly because of unsuccessful attempts in the past to fix software issues with a prior Mojo, I have no confidence in my ability to manage such apparently simple tasks.

But perhaps I'll give this one a try. Fingers crossed.

I believe in you Jim - you can do it. You more than proved yourself after your second attempt at holding the correct end of a soldering iron.

:keynana:

Ok, you've inspired me. I'll do it!!

(But only because I don't have an organ gig looming around the corner)

Does the duel manual mojo now have a better Leslie Sim than the mojo 61?

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Sigh. I am paranoid about installing these updates. In fact, I skipped the last one. Partly because of unsuccessful attempts in the past to fix software issues with a prior Mojo, I have no confidence in my ability to manage such apparently simple tasks.

But perhaps I'll give this one a try. Fingers crossed.

You, like me, are musician first, not computer scientist as many here.

I am in same boat as you, and again ask.. Is anyone ( Hammond Dave, where are you?) willing to help me make this install?

Sigh. I am paranoid about installing these updates.

There is a PDF included in the download. It is very simple and straightforward. I understand your paranoia, but you can do this. :thu:

Does it require a computer? I am Mac based. I have not tried an update since 4 years back.. I have forgotten what was involved.

Does it require a computer? I am Mac based. I have not tried an update since 4 years back.. I have forgotten what was involved.

Whatever you do, do not, under any circumstances, read the instructions for yourself and determine how easy or difficult it might be. Please stand by while random strangers on the Internet will advise you of your best course of action. :2thu::roll:

Whatever you do, do not, under any circumstances, read the instructions for yourself and determine how easy or difficult it might be. Please stand by while random strangers on the Internet will advise you of your best course of action. :2thu::roll:

Yeah yeah yeah... Sven , I tried this update thing years back.

It was not foolproof for me, a computer phobic because one of the USB cables did not easily go where i was instructed it would go. Something was out of alignment. I think I had to buy an L shaped USB, but don't quote me on this.

Besides I liked the previous version in terms of the less flexible Leslie adjustments.

I criticiqued the version and was perceived as criticizing the brain behind ( Zio ?) the Mojo.. and got banned from the yahoo support group. Things went downhill from there.

Since jazz organ is no longer on my menu. I am selling dual manual Mojo.

Random stranger here. ;)

Basic installation instructions. Yes, you need a computer to download the file. This cannot be done on a tablet or phone.

Copy 1 small file from the download to a USB drive, hopefully you know what that is already.

Unscrew the back plate on the Mojo by removing 4 small screws.

Insert USB drive into 1 of the 3 USB slots that are now available since metal plate was removed. 2 specific button pushes are required as explained in the PDF that is part of the download you did initially. The unit restarts itself after about 30 seconds and you are done. Remove USB drive and re attach metal plate.

Smile happily as you enjoy your new, improved, leslie sim. :)

That's all.

Hey John, just thought of this. Don't know how far you are from these guys, they are the authorized service center for Crumar. Maybe you can make an appointment with them and have them quickly do it for you for a small fee.

www.advancedmusical.com

Advanced Musical Electronics

8665 Venice Blvd

West Los Angeles, CA 90034

:nopity:

It's fair to say it has a newer sim. Haven't tried it yet personally. But if it allows me to free up room on my pedal board by ditching the Vent, I'm all for it.

Do you use the vent with the viscount ?

Have not tried it yet. Vent is attached to my gigging pedalboard, Legend is in my rehearsal room for another band. I'll get around to it, but don't really feel the need. I like both the Legend sims after the latest update.

Hoping the latest Mojo update will allow me to remove the Vent from my pedal board. I need space for another expression pedal.

Moe

---

I criticiqued the version and was perceived as criticizing the brain behind ( Zio ?) the Mojo.. and got banned from the yahoo support group. Things went downhill from there.

Please let me clarify that NEITHER I (Guido) NOR ANYONE ELSE FROM CRUMAR DO NOT OWN NOR ADMINISTRATE ANY OFFICIAL NOR UNOFFICIAL GROUP/FORUM/MAILING-LIST RELATED TO CRUMAR. So, be it clear ONCE and FOREVER, Mr. John Giulino, that YOU'VE NOT BEEN BANNED BY ME.

I think I owe this clarification because *some people* may easily misunderstand at my own disavantage.

I am selling dual manual Mojo.

I'm buying it!

I am selling dual manual Mojo.

I'm buying it!

:roll: That will solve a lot for you! ;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived