Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Conversion van for a motorhome

I don't know if that's what you call it. An RV built on a Ford Econoline 350 chassis or maybe a Dodge. Whatever. But not a real big motorhome but, in essence, one of the big vans that has been customized with a bed, kitchen, a/c, etc.

A nice big motorhome, those things probably cost a bundle. Just wondering about these van type deals for a solo troubadour. I'd have to be able to sleep in it (with climate control) or that would defeat the purpose.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably not a huge thing, but I just heard that some classes of motorhome qualify for mortgage interest deduction. There's a company called Roadtrek that makes an impressive motorhome on a van chassis. It's a little like a space shuttle in that all interior space is efficiently utilized, giving you a stand-up interior with bath facilities, all in a package that will go thru drive-thrus and fit in normal parking spaces. The price is impressive, too.

Henry

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

Originally posted by LiveMusic:

I don't know if that's what you call it. An RV built on a Ford Econoline 350 chassis or maybe a Dodge. Whatever. But not a real big motorhome but, in essence, one of the big vans that has been customized with a bed, kitchen, a/c, etc.

A nice big motorhome, those things probably cost a bundle. Just wondering about these van type deals for a solo troubadour. I'd have to be able to sleep in it (with climate control) or that would defeat the purpose.

A van conversion wouldn't be too expensive but a class 3 motor home is darned expensive, considering the size. You can buy a class A coach for less money. Not top of the line, granted, but still decently appointed.

Look at used too but be sure to have it looked over by a good coach mechanic, not an automotive mechanic.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

My buddy has one for sale actually. I think he'll take 27k for it.

It's a "Pleasure Way." These things really hold their value if they're well maintained, and this one is. It's maybe a '95 Dodge chassis. I just looked at this weekend and it is mint.

We also have a custom shop here in town that does this sort of thing called Tiger Motorhomes.

PM me if you need any additional info.

A friend of the family has a http://www.roadtrek.com/ (class B Van) and loves it. It is pretty cool. Lots of gadgets and things, very easy to drive and has everything (TV, shower, fridge, some storage, bed, microwave etc). Would be cool for one or two people. The one problem is that it is as expensive as a Class C or used Class A (60 to 70+k new). However you can park it anywhere, which you can't do with larger RVs. Roadtrek has some videos online about their products that show all the "benefits".

Hope that helps.

Pascal Sijen

Co-Founer

www.abluesky.com

That Roadtrek is impressive but $60 to $70k is too much, if that's what they cost. I have a cousin that sells motorhomes, maybe he could find a used one. But it doesn't have to be huge. A van conversion could work. Or a motorhome on a van chassis.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

Archived