Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

K&M 18950 aligning second tier

fjzingo

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Kurzweil PC3A6, Prophet 5, Moog Sub37, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, LB Organ Grinder

Live: Yamaha CP88, Yamaha Motif Rack ES, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Kurzweil PC3-61, Leslie 251, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent2

Nice and friendly answer setting the attitude, of course I read the manual. Problem is that the angle of the top bar 10 and 6 cannot be aet to the same angle.

Update,

Case closed, there was a lack of preciscion in the manual. The pieces 7 are not even so they have a line which should be aligned when mounting. Its difficult to write manuals.......

Precise questions can help also....

"having trouble alining..."

OK? and now?

"Problem is that the angle of the top bar 10 and 6 cannot be aet to the same angle."

AHHHH..... this in your first post ?!

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Kurzweil PC3A6, Prophet 5, Moog Sub37, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, LB Organ Grinder

Live: Yamaha CP88, Yamaha Motif Rack ES, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Kurzweil PC3-61, Leslie 251, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent2

Hi fjzingo,

Strange. I hope I understand you correctly. I have the same stacker, and mine line up perfectly. The bolts need to be tightened pretty well, though - they tend to loosen. I checked the two locking discs on one of the support arms: They are identical. There is a small indent on each of them, and you can align them when you press them together. Perhaps you could check that. It is probably not a solution, but would it be an idea to try and combine the four discs differently? Good luck!

Cheers, Morten

Update: Just read that you solved it. Great!

Ever heard of precision questions? That is what a helpful person would use.

Precise questions can help also....

"having trouble alining..."

OK? and now?

"Problem is that the angle of the top bar 10 and 6 cannot be aet to the same angle."

AHHHH..... this in your first post ?!

Thanks,

As always the devil is in the details.....

Hi fjzingo,

Strange. I hope I understand you correctly. I have the same stacker, and mine line up perfectly. The bolts need to be tightened pretty well, though - they tend to loosen. I checked the two locking discs on one of the support arms: They are identical. There is a small indent on each of them, and you can align them when you press them together. Perhaps you could check that. It is probably not a solution, but would it be an idea to try and combine the four discs differently? Good luck!

Cheers, Morten

Update: Just read that you solved it. Great!

• 1 month later...

Now that you figured it out, how are the ergonomics and stability of the second tier?

I just ordered this stand today, and if the second tier is great all-around (subjective, of course), I may sell my Ultimate Apex stand, which doesn't really work with my remaining and upcoming keyboards due to depth, where the jacks are, etc.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Wrt to ergonomics, the 18950 of course isn't as flexible as my Spider pro which on the other hand is really "vobbly" for heavy keyboards.

I have used it with Nord stage lower board and Montage upper board. Really stable and with the keys close enough. Unfortunately the montage is covering up alot of the surface of the Stage, which of course is natural if you wan't to keep the keys close as I do.

18950, Key Largo and the doormat borris from Ikea are probably the best investments I've done to my rig-they will far outlast any of my keyboards.

/Fredrik

Fredrik

I have the Spider Pro ( dont use it ), 18950 with top tier at home, and 18880 for rehearsal and live.

I prefer the 18950 ( but would like the possibilities to add a third keyboard to it).

It is possible to push the upper tier further back, so there are more space between lower and upper board for access to the lower keyboards panel, but still on a lower level.

What I dont like with them, are all the parts that can came loose or dissapear in transport.

At the moment my live setup consists of a GSI DMC122 as lower ( now mostly for organ) and NS3 at upper. I will soon change the GSI to something single manual, Mojo 61 or Viscount and switch place between this and the NS3, and then also back to the 18950 stand.

Btw Ikea, just bought a new chair, got the Nilserik chair. Feels great so far, and a nice and inexpensive replacement for my 30+ years old drum throne.

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

Archived