Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Depeche Mode outsells top Pop acts

J. Dan

CLONK

Depeche Mode, who has never had a #1 hit in the states, has sold 1.27 million tickets through the first nine months of 2017, more than Ed Sheeran, Justin Bieber or Bruno Mars.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't realize DM never had a #1 here. I thought "Personal Jesus", "Enjoy the Silence", "Never let Me Down Again", and maybe a couple of others, had charted in the top ten and hit the very top.

It is amazing though, that there are quite a few bands out there who do well enough on a regular basis, with albums and individual songs, that not hitting "#1" isn't so important. Not as far to fall. :-)

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I believe they hit #1 in Europe, but never the US. There's a really good documentary out there on them, forgot the name now, that covers their entire career from the early days on. They are truly one of those bands that grew a cult following and used their live shows to be successful.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived