Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Okay...what's with this .net crap???

Is anybody else getting this?

This just started happening about a week ago. I click on a certain thread, and I get a popup telling me to sign up for a Microsoft .net password. Right not, whenever I click on Tedster's weather thread, it always pops up. But then it doesn't popup on other threads.

Is this just me? Cause if it is...I haven't done anything. It just started happening on it's own.

Weird! :freak:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are having this problem, your browser is being hijacked with spyware crap.

I think it is a Windows-specific thing but not necessarily an XP-specific one. It's just that some people have been infected by it and others haven't.

You need to get some spyware-removal software and use it.

Check here:

http://cexx.org/noadware.htm

Hope this helps. Try Mac OS X if you ever get the chance, it rocks.

The easiest solution to this is to switch your browser to Mozilla. I did this a couple months back, and all the .NET, spyware, popup, etc. problems suddenly vanished forever! Haven't looked back since.

Mozilla is just like Internet Explorer, except that it works right...

It's at mozilla.org

Everyone I told about this that tried it ending up switching too.

Originally posted by philbo_Tangent:

The easiest solution to this is to switch your browser to Mozilla. I did this a couple months back, and all the .NET, spyware, popup, etc. problems suddenly vanished forever! Haven't looked back since.

Mozilla is just like Internet Explorer, except that it works right...

It's at mozilla.org

Everyone I told about this that tried it ending up switching too.

Yep. Mozilla's great. I still use IE on my PC at home, but only when I run across a website which can't handle Mozilla. That's become less of a problem, as more web designers realize the problem of conforming to IE's "standards" (or lack thereof AFAIAC). Of course, if you're a Unix fan, it's the best browser for those platforms. :)

Archived