Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Who knew!

desertbluesman

I got the Dunlop picks yesterday and what a difference. They will take some getting used to, but they are exactly what I needed to improve my playing. I have been getting sloppy with my picking hand due to the aging process, and my fingers were not liking the way I had to grip those tiny Fender Jazz picks, they are slippery and very small, so I had to grip them very tightly. The Dunlops are larger and they have a bit of texture so I can grip them with a lighter touch. I got the 60mm which I thought was the lightest, but I found some 38mm, so I ordered a dozen of those from Sweetwater, they should be here Wednesday or Friday. But the 60mm are working great as of now, once I decide on the gauge, I will order a few dozen more of my favorites.

I have about a half gross of the Fender jazz light picks left which I will probably never use, but will save just in case I want to go back to them. I have been using the little jazz picks since my lessons from Emily Remler way back in the mid to late 70's.

The power button for my DAW is on it's way from Antec. If I have to I will build another computer for recording, as I want to improve many of my mixes.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gald to hear things are going well, DB !

I've never been one to focus too much on any one tool but then I'm not you, either ! :rawk:

Maybe y' should donate some of those plectra to deserving kids...?

You build yer own computers ?

Some time y'll have to give me a few tips.

BTW, do you record strictly to DAW or software ?

d=halfnote

I use Cakewalk Sonar Producer 8.1.5 as my recording software, on a Windows XP Pro based computer platform. I built the computer as my 3rd computer build for Digital Audio, and I built one for business (masonry estimating) I did blow up my previous DAW one day so I took the business computer and redid it for DAW use, then bought a small tower Dell for estimating. (my former boss paid for the new computer)

I use Cakewalk Sonar Producer 8.1.5 as my recording software, on a Windows XP Pro based computer platform. I built the computer as my 3rd computer build for Digital Audio, and I built one for business (masonry estimating) I did blow up my previous DAW one day so I took the business computer and redid it for DAW use, then bought a small tower Dell for estimating. (my former boss paid for the new computer)

Gibson just today announced the end of development for the Cakewalk product line. Another brand that Gibson has destroyed through its business incompetence.

Scott Fraser

+1 on trying different picks DBM and Dunlop makes some good ones. I use Cool picks (the thin red ones). I try different ones now and then out of different materials but always come back to the cool ones. They last for ever, have a non-slip top area and come in different thickness. They cost about a buck each or less when you buy 3. I prefer the plastic picks and these are just the right size for hybrid picking...I do have thicker ones but keep coming back to the thin ones and these don't break on ya! :cool:
Take care, Larryz

Gibson just today announced the end of development for the Cakewalk product line. Another brand that Gibson has destroyed through its business incompetence.

I have used Cakewalk since Pro Audio 9. I will still use it (if I can get my DAW back up and running)(Power button on its way from Antec $15) I was never gonna upgrade it even if I get the DAW running.

+1 on Gibson's business acumen. It seems to be sorely lacking

Archived