Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help with Loading New Fantom G Sounds

High Diving Act

Any Fantom G guys/gals around?

I just bought the "Monster Pack" from Synthonia and want to load the patches to empty user bank slots in the existing "project". I have a Windows 10 computer (which is not supported).. have found some info on a work around to load drivers (but have yet to try it).

Is there a relatively easy way to do this without deleting what I already have stored on the G?

Jay

www.soundcloud.com/high-diving-act

www.yournewneighbors.com

www.mclovinmusic.com

Nord Stage 3 Compact, Korg Krome EX, Novation Summit, Roland RD88 & Edge, Spectrasonic Keyscape

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got it figured out. Gave up on trying to make the driver and librarian work with windows 10 (after reading every forum thread that said it's possible). Librarian is working fine with Windows 7 machine.

Jay

www.yournewneighbors.com

www.mclovinmusic.com

Nord Stage 3 Compact, Korg Krome EX, Novation Summit, Roland RD88 & Edge, Spectrasonic Keyscape

Jay,

I had to do something similar for my X6. I have an old iMac that I brought out of the dusty attic just to run the Roland X6 editor and librarian, since they stopped supporting OSX drivers for us with Sierra.

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

David.. like you (with your fantom x) I found this G7 for a pretty good deal... have always wanted to try one out. Turns out I love it enough to replace my kronos with the G7 in my main live rig. The synth action is the best I have ever felt.. the display is killer from every angle.. and I relate to the architecture better than the Kronos. My Stage 3 is doing the majority of the heavy lifting now so as a supplemental synth.. the G7 is fitting in very nicely (and I have owned an FA06/VR09/VR700/Jupiter 50). It is a shame the G series is no longer supported but I understand why.

Jay

www.yournewneighbors.com

www.mclovinmusic.com

Jay,

I had to do something similar for my X6. I have an old iMac that I brought out of the dusty attic just to run the Roland X6 editor and librarian, since they stopped supporting OSX drivers for us with Sierra.

One nice thing with any Mac is that one can setup a USB boot disk with a hard drive (or SSD) and put an older version of Mac OS on it - so you don't even need a different computer. Also, if you use Parallels on the Mac, you can setup the older OS as a virtual machine, and run it inside the main Mac software.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Jay,

One nice thing with any Mac is that one can setup a USB boot disk with a hard drive (or SSD) and put an older version of Mac OS on it - so you don't even need a different computer. Also, if you use Parallels on the Mac, you can setup the older OS as a virtual machine, and run it inside the main Mac software.

Yes, I have done that before. However, my Macbook Pro is unsullied by an extraneous OS or Parallels, etc... since it is my live Mainstage rig. When using the X6 with that, I just use MIDI in and out to my interface, instead of USB.

My current Macbook is already at it's limit, and I have Mainstage finally stable.... not gonna mess ;)

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

Archived