Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Well, it would be lightweight...

picker

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like it's a "light touch" sort of thing. Is it?

And what's that cover made of? And what do you do if it gets a tear in it? Come with replacement covers or what?

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

That site was annoying. I saw the pick but didn't read anything because the first pop up was that it uses cookies....duh. And before I could acknowledge, it popped a bunch of giant text over the screen. At that point rather than reading it, I just closed the window. I hate web sites like that almost as bad as the ones that automatically start playing video.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I'm glad I'm not using pedals anymore...I don't know, it may be a cool idea but I'll have to wait and see if it catches on. Brother Winston should chime in on this one! :cool:

Had to oblige you, brother!

I use a LOT of Expression Pedals to control various parameters on my MFX and my Pedal array, and they're not cheap, so an alternative would appeal to me. It also seems like more pedals are offering Exp or CV Inputs. Still, I'd want to see this thing in action, live, before passing judgement.

(BTW, the Pigtronix Echolution pedals are among the coolest Delay pedals out there, for anyone interested. The video doesn't begin to show off what they can do, nor what this product should be able to do with them.)

If what it mostly does is to send MIDI CC (Continuous Controller) #'s, you can do that from almost any current MFX pedalboard; there's probably more than one App that lets you do it from a smartphone or tablet, as well, without sending off $350 for a Kickstarter campaign. In the case of the Pigtronix pedal in the video, you can control any and all of the parameters via an Expression Pedal, for under $100, and with a minimal footprint; Pigtronix offers a free Editor/Librarian, which gives you access to deep programming.

OTOH, I could see something like this working for DJ's and Electronic Musicians running desktop rigs, somewhat like the touchscreen controllers we see on Korg Synths. Print out your custom board to control things like BPM, Cross-Modulation, Filter Resonance, LFO Speed & Depth, across a whole range of devices, but again, there are other Apps and products that already do what this thing does, in that case, and even a full-size laptop computer has a smaller footprint, and much more processing power, than this device.

Put me down as unconvinced, as yet . . .

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Thanks Winston, I knew you were the right guy to chime in! I was not the trend setter D was looking for on this one and wouldn't even know how to comment on it. The foot touch screen looks nice and bright (I'm guessing one must be gentle and not stomp on it LOL!). I have no idea what the "paper" print out thing is and was fantasizing about a player piano for some reason LOL! Putting up the bucks before they start putting them out was also a little bit concerning! I too will wait and see... :thu:
Take care, Larryz

Archived