Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New addition to our home

nadroj

I got rid of my RD700 recently. I was only using it as as MIDI controller for the Nord and wasn't using any of it's features. I was in the market for a cheap weighted keyboard to play at home.

So another friend that my wife works with are moving house and they said they had a "piano" that they wanted to give us for free. I was expecting an upright, but they arrived with this today;

k4ulTEdh.jpg

A Yamaha Clavinova YDP131 (the Nord is mine)

To be perfectly honest, considering I was expecting an upright, I was a little disappointed at first - I forgot that when non-keyboard players say "piano" that can mean a lot of things.

Then I saw that it had a MIDI out and a MIDI in and my mood soon changed.

1) It has speakers so that my wife can play and my daughter can learn without using headphones.

2) I can play the Nord's pianos from it when I want to play with headphones.

3) I can use it as a make shift lower manual at home. The Nord is currently resting on the music stand - I can take that off and the Nord will be a couple of inches lower.

4) If my keyboards are all bagged up for gigs, there will always be something in the living room that I can just sit down at and play.

It's pretty much pristine (sat covered up in a garage) and plays like new.

So there we go. Nothing spectacular or hugely exciting, but it's made a very nice additon to our home. Looks good too.

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:thu:

Your post reminds me of something that's been shared on Facebook lately about types of headaches. I'll see if I can get it here later if someone doesn't beat me to it.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Your post reminds me of something that's been shared on Facebook lately about types of headaches. I'll see if I can get it here later if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Haha, that Jim A linked about when people call the organ a piano? I was going to link it but decided against it!

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

Haha, that Jim A linked about when people call the organ a piano? I was going to link it but decided against it!

Yep, that!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived