Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Line6 Spider V 30

J. Dan

Anybody own this or have experience with it? There's a used one that looks like new at Music Go Round for $130.

I've been wanting something small for home just for practice/jamming without having to break out my gigging stuff. I have a Roland Micro Cube that I had gotten years back for my kids, but I don't think it's possible to get anything decent out of a 6" speaker. Don't know that an 8" will be much better. I didn't have time to fire it up and check it out - I was just passing through to see what they had. If it gets decent reviews on here I'll make time to head back out there and try it out.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've played one, don't own it. I think these sound great, for what they are.

I went with a Fender Mustang I, which I thought sounded better. Of course it's only Fender amp models. I actually find myself using it more than my other amps. The software is pretty cool, too - let's you customize the sounds.

But yeah, the Line 6 will probably do what you want.

My ears are haunted.

• 3 weeks later...

So I bought it today, $130.

First, holy crap the presets sound like they say. I meant the names of the presets pretty much tell you the song, and in each case playing the song that went with the preset was spot on! Not loud, which is fine, turned ALL the way up still clean and not loud, but I didn't buy it for that. Only out is 1/8" headphone, haven't tried it. Haven't messed with drum patterns.

My only real issue is that there are a lot of presets and the only way to get through them is to scroll, which could take a while. No direct access between them. But looks to have iDevice and OC connectivity via USB plus aux in, Thinking this will be the perfect easy practice amp.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

J. Dan - Depending on how extensive the FX Processing is, Line 6 offers some very cool, offbeat FX you've not likely to get out of anything else. "Comet Trails" in their Filter FX is a personal favorite; you should try it with one of your Keyboards, too.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Who needs keyboards with this thing? LOL. Seriously some of the "synth" effects ate pretty impressive and the octave is really clean without artifacts, which surprised me at this price point.

Dan

Congrats J.Dan! Sounds like a great little amp. I would just find the sweet spot for the keyboard/guitar that you want to run through it and find the best setting. Then play around with the others. I would also try that 1/8" out to the PA. It's probably TRS and you could adapt and Y it to two channels or just run an adapter to 1/4" and run it mono. I would also mic it to the PA and see how she sounds. I'm also thinking of using it as a monitor and as a practice amp too...anyway, have fun with it! :thu:
Take care, Larryz

Realized I can play iTunes through the amp by plugging into the ISB port in the back. I'm not going to lie, I brought the amp into the bathroom to listen to music from my phone while I showered. In other news, that will be great for rehearsing.

Dan

Archived