Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Are there any BIG problems with Kurzweil PC3LE ???

eclipse69

I have a PC3LE7 almost new / 4-5 years /, but there are constantly various blinking problems, lack of sound from the outputs, loss of settings and more.

Are there other owners of this factory-defective series of Kurzweil ???

Does anyone have solved problems ???

Yamaha NP-80, Korg triton LE and broken Kurzweil PC3LE7

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was a service bulletin issued a couple of years ago that addresses this issue. Contact support@kurzweil.com and they can provide you the information

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Yeah, this was a common problem. Happened to mine a couple of times before the fix Delaware Dave mentioned came out. Basically the original light flashing sequence would drop the voltage enough that would cause the keyboard to lock up or reboot.

The service bulletin has a simple hardware fix and the new firmware doesn't flash all leds simultaneously in an effort to prevent the drop.

I had my PC3LE repaired twice before the service bulletin came out and it was repaired for good. Now it is totally fine, but it was very frustrating for a couple of years.

Hello Dave,

The Blinking problem service bulletin was made, the latest OS version is installed. The problem was rare, but it did not disappear completely.

Then the sound from the L / R outputs and the headphones disappeared. I contacted support@Kurzweil.com and the local authorized service ...... and without looking at the synthesizer they said - You need to change the main board for about $ 600. Ok but Kurzweil do not give me any guarantee that the synthesizer will work. I buy the main board and if it does not work again or is damaged again after 1-2-3 months, the problem remains mine.

Dave, what would you do in my place ???

Best regards

Hello Dave,

The Blinking problem service bulletin was made, the latest OS version is installed. The problem was rare, but it did not disappear completely.

Then the sound from the L / R outputs and the headphones disappeared. I contacted support@Kurzweil.com and the local authorized service ...... and without looking at the synthesizer they said - You need to change the main board for about $ 600. Ok but Kurzweil do not give me any guarantee that the synthesizer will work. I buy the main board and if it does not work again or is damaged again after 1-2-3 months, the problem remains mine.

Best regards

Contact support@kurzweil.com and communicate directly with Jean .....

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

I have a PC3LE7 almost new / 4-5 years /, but there are constantly various blinking problems, lack of sound from the outputs, loss of settings and more.

Are there other owners of this factory-defective series of Kurzweil ???

Does anyone have solved problems ???

I have a PC3LE7 bought new around 5 years ago used for light gigging say once a quarter and it's just starting to show signs of independence; buttons requiring a few presses before they work,screen contrast changing by itself, occasional re-boots required when voices disappear.

Maybe I would have got it fixed a year or so back, but the newer boards have superior acoustic piano sounds, so I shall probably keep it as backup (?) and get an Artis or Forte.

Good luck with yours though.....I still think it's a great board - but maybe not for an additional $600

2 Very Sick Korg M1s, 1 Geriatric Roland D20

Kurzweil PC3LE7, Roland RD-700GX, Yamaha Clavinova CLP

Hello Dave,

Best regards

Contact support@kurzweil.com and communicate directly with Jean .....
You have to evaluate what you can do with the $600. I don't know how you use the LE7, do you use all features, only the piano, only the synth, synth and piano? just organ? use it just as a controller? Evaluate what features, sounds etc. you are using on the LE7, then determine whether to roll the dice on the main board or put the $600 toward another keyboard that has the features you need. My guess is that you'd probably end up spending over $1000 for another keyboard, so do you spend over a $1000 for another keyboard or $600 to get the main board replaced? Personally if it were me, if I were going to upgrade the keyboard soon, now would be the time to do it; if I had no plan to upgrade the keyboard then I'd pay the $600 and get it fixed. My two cents..... you just have to come up with the remaining $599.98

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Dave,

You are very cool and thank you for your financial help :cofee: :-)

I play progressive rock in an amateur group, having concerts at festivals and small clubs.

I had a dream to play Kurzweil and sell my old Korg synthesizer and piano Yamaha, and I paid more to buy PC3LE7. The option for now is to change or repair the main board.

The problem is that Kurzweil does not give me any guarantee for the new board, and that does not suit such a big and reputable company.

If anyone can help / not financially, like Dave / with advice or some PC3LE7 circuit diagram, I will be very, very grateful!

Best regards

Played in a band with a dude who had a PC3LE that went bonkers on him for a while. Took it into the shop and there was some simple soldering issue they fixed and then it worked fine for him. Don't know if it's the same thing or not

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

Does Kurz have problems with all models? Seriously. I bought a new one about 5 years ago and had to send it back.

OMG, I do not know and do not believe there is a problem with all Kurz models.

What kind of Kurz you had bought 5 years ago and why did you get it back?

Returned a PC88 due to random lockup. Replacement worked fine electronically but the Fatar Keyboard broke inside with bits of plastic falling out. Would have required a replacement Keybed.

PC2X/O frequently reset due to bad solder joint.

Had other issues that CS was no help in solving.

C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

So far so good with my PC3. (Although I understand this particular problem is more with the "LE" line).

However, I've been warned to keep the sliders clean with deoxit, and to NOT keep them at the bottom of their travel when I'm not using them. The reason being that many folks have had boot-up issues if the sliders are emitting random MIDI data while standing still (i.e. dirty sliders).

I think there was a thread in here, a little while ago, with a church leader "slamming" his PC3 on the stand to get it to boot up. I got my advice from the answers on that thread.

Kurzweil PC3, Yamaha MOX8, Alesis Ion, Kawai K3M

Very, very unpleasant when there is a solder joint ..... obviously other Kurz models have problems that are probably normal for a series, but the problem with PC3LE is factory and mass the first few years of its launch. This apparently forced Kurz to stop the series of production, even though the problem was probably eliminated.

I want to boast, I have a Christmas present from HQ dep. of Kurzweil

The blinking and freezing problem of PC3LE is known to the company and they decided to send me this cable for free - http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/515617-Kurzweil-6280715670.

Of course the synthesizer does not work again, but I'm happy .....

Merry Christmas Holidays

Archived