Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Native Instruments 2017 Thanksgiving Sale

Geoff Grace

Another option is to do the Reaktor update for $50 and then wait for K12U, as for K10U owners, it's one of the major draws of K11U.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/synths/reaktor-6/pricing/

It does turn out that almost everything is 50% off, individually as well as when part of a suite -- I didn't know this earlier.

So, for instance, Una Corda on its own is $74.50:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keys/una-corda/

I haven't yet checked to see if any of these prices show up at on-line retailers, who often provide additional discounts, or perhaps all of this can only be done directly through NI.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with NI audio demos is that they invariably are 180 degrees from the sort of music I make (and I make quite a variety, but NI doesn't :-)).

I would own exactly zero NI products if I went by their audio demos alone. I buy on faith, and am rewarded over 50% of the time.

I feel their products are better than many people claim, but to get to that level with them, you have to dig in, read the manual, etc. I can't think of many of their products that sound good out-of-the-gate without customizing first.

Having said that, there are two demos amongst that set that give me an idea of what this product can do, and I definitely will have some use for it but no pressing need. I have some material calling for something along these lines, but also have a similar product from IK Multimedia (I forget its name off-hand).

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

For those who might not have upgraded in a while, here is a third-party independently produced chart of what is different/new in each version of Komplete:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C2lEubeNV6OzUnj5o8o6pBPU_jGgzeCALNTLOnoPxeA/edit#gid=0

And here's the more general "history" article that goes into more detail in particular about discontinued products that you might want to back up first:

http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2014/09/the-complete-history-of-komplete-all.html

I never bother; I figure if the vendor has moved on then I should too.

I just did the Reaktor upgrade for $49.50. It seems worth it vs. spending $200 to get stuff I don't really want or already bought piecemeal earlier. I doubt I'll do the K12U update right away when it happens (Spring 2018?) anyway.

The upgrade from K11 Select to K11 Ultimate is $499

The Select sells for $199

So buying them like this gets you K11 Ultimate for $798 instead of $1199?

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Yes...but only for smart people like you.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Hmmm...don´t know how smart I am lol....

How about this one then:

There´s a guy selling a Komplete Kontrol Keyboard s49 used for like 240 bucks which of course includes K11 Select. And then get the K11 U upgrade.

That would be a even better deal of course BUT,

What happens if I want to sell the keyboard one day?

Can I sell the keyboard with Select only (as he does, can´t imgaine that he used only select) OR can I only sell the whole package with K11 Ultimate?

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

I have never known NI to provide demos. Their motto is "Buy it, you'll like it". ;)

Their other motto is "You buy it this year, and next year we will include it in Komplete so you can buy it again when you upgrade."

True. I have 2 versions of several instruments because I was buying them independently then finally bought Kontact 5 last year. I most like will buy Komplete 11 during this upgrade sale which will increase that number. I'm thinking I will just uninstall everything and do a fresh install because stuff will be all over the place on my hard drive.

:nopity:

What happens if I want to sell the keyboard one day?

Can I sell the keyboard with Select only (as he does, can´t imgaine that he used only select) OR can I only sell the whole package with K11 Ultimate?

All software sold from the EU can be resold once, and only once. License transfers from NI are easy. I have bought used NI software on this forum.

I just write that sort of stuff off. The license transfer fees are high in most cases and my time isn't worth it. But when I was much poorer, the equation was different, so I'm not saying that's the right response for everyone, when you end up selling software bundled with hardware (often complicated) or duplicate licenses.

For instance, I somehow wound up with a duplicate license or two for SONNOX effects plug-ins. I either had bad record-keeping or later bought a too-cheap-to-resist bundle that included one I had already bought a la carte. I haven't bothered to try to sell my duplicate license yet.

How much would it be for people smart enough to add $499 plus $199?

;)

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

All software sold from the EU can be resold once, and only once...

I don't think it says that on their site, or does it? I thought as long as you followed the Native Instruments License Transfer process, you could buy and sell their products as many times as you would like.

Electro 5, NI Kontrol S61/49, MX49, PC3, Rev2, Prologue, Pro3, Juno-DS, Mopho Keys, SE02, drums, tons of synth software, guitars, amps, and pedals...help me!!

All software sold from the EU can be resold once, and only once...

I don't think it says that on their site, or does it? I thought as long as you followed the Native Instruments License Transfer process, you could buy and sell their products as many times as you would like.

If you are correct I will be very happy. :)

I have never known NI to provide demos. Their motto is "Buy it, you'll like it". wink

Well I saw a demo of Form so I DLed it along with the Reaktor 6 Player so I could check it out.

Can't get it to work :mad:

Form interface stays greyed out and files wont drag in. :P

Archived