Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best T stand?

mate stubb

If you were looking for a T stand to hold something deep like a 2 manual organ, what would you choose?

- QuikLok WS650?

- On-Stage WS8550?

- something else?

Moe

---

"I keep wanting to like it's sound, but every demo seems to demonstrate that it has the earth-shaking punch and peerless sonics of the Roland Gaia. " - Tusker

http://www.hotrodmotm.com

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never had one and wanted to try it, don't need a 2nd tier, looks sturdy, folds up compactly quickly without fiddling, can position legs close to the corners...

Only bad things I'm seeing are weight, 20ish lbs for steel. Would like to see one in aluminum.

Moe

---

"I keep wanting to like it's sound, but every demo seems to demonstrate that it has the earth-shaking punch and peerless sonics of the Roland Gaia. " - Tusker

http://www.hotrodmotm.com

We've had A-frame, V, X, and Z. Have I missed any? How cool would it be to have some competition to use the weirdest letter of the alphabet for a stand? J stand, coming up! Lol

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

My WS- 550 is close to 20 years old. Best stand I've ever owned while my K&M 18880 seems like it's on its last legs at under five years old.

I should have bought six of them back in 2001 when W. LA Music had a rack of at least 50. They were blowin' them out at $60 from what I recall. And they were the ones made in Italy. Reports today on them aren't as positive.

It just sits in the office today with the CP5 on it. It easily supported the CP300 at 72 lbs. when I owned that.

https://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

2005 NY Steinway D

Yamaha AvantGrand N3X, P-515

I've had 550's and they are very sturdy. I've stood on them (250#) to adjust stage lighting.

Vertical stability is peerless.

There is a bit of side to side slop, but not bad.

I've still got my WS540 which I've used as a mixer stand and have even put my Speakeasy RB3 on.

I've used the 8550 for over 10 years underneath my Nord C1. A feature I discovered is that I can set the front facing legs at an angle that helps to lock my Pedalkeys 27 in place to keep the relative position the same as my B pedals. A simple marking of red paint on the foldout plates takes the guesswork out of positioning them correctly.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Anybody know the difference between the WS550 and 650?

Yes.

There are attachments available (second tier, ect.) for the WS 550, as it was originally sold as "QuikLok WS-550 Base Unit for WS-500 Modular Workstation System." dB has the entire system and it is on display somewhere in the "dig my rig" thread in one of his photos. It has long been discontinued. You can still buy the second tier attachments, though, last I checked.

The WS 650 is a stand only, there are no pre drilled holes for attachments.

Also, it looks to me like the way the height of the stand is adjusted is different, the WS 550 has spring loaded pins inside the legs that get pushed in and then pop out at the next setting. Looks to me that the 650 has plastic inserts, although I am not 100% sure about that.

Hope this helps.

edit, Sven beat me to it. Hey Sven, am I correct about the attachments? If not, I'll delete my post.

:nopity:

Archived