Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Any model train geeks here?

RABid

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have to remove the word "model" to be completely honest. I started with my father's Lionel figure 8 and almost immediately transitioned to HO because of the detail and availability (early 70's). Had a 4x8 layout with an ingenious switching system that allowed two locomotives to run at the same time (one on the outer loop and one in the "yard") which my father, an electrical engineer, installed.

After high school, the trains went in a box until I settled down after college. Never got the layout back up but I collected every Alco Engine (HO) that Chicago & North Western railroad had in its fleet (C&NW was my childhood favorite and the one that came to the town I grew up in). Also long time member of the Chicago and Northwestern Historical Society.[http://www.cnwhs.org]

Still have a massive amount of rolling stock still in the closet. But, now for the why the word "model" needs to be removed.

A few years back went to work as a volunteer for the Arizona Railway Museum. [http://www.azrymuseum.org] Ended up redoing the electric (480 v AC) in the dining car, tearing apart the squirrel cage fan in the galley and cleaning 40 years of grease out of it so it would work again and working on the sound system in the club car. This, along with real time moving of 1:1 rolling stock and other renovations along the way. Yeah, I'm a "train" geek.

Don

"Yes, on occasion I do talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert's opinion."

Alesis DG8, ARP(Korg)Odyssey Mk.1, Roland JU-06 & Keystation61. Stratocaster if I get tired of sitting.

Judging by your new avatar you're into QuadCopters as well?

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Thanks. I'll create an account and post the name here. I'll also take a couple pictures of the underside of the caboose in case that will help someone spot the problem.

Go here.... we are all O gauge, all the time. We have many subsections.

It is free to sign up, and you never get spam.

O Gauge Magazine RR Forums

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

Archived