Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

'Just fixed my Wurlitzer 200

mcgoo

I gotta brag to at least someone that won't roll their eyes & yawn (like my wife, kids & friends!)...

My Wurlitzer 200's amp had died a slow painful death. Output kept getting quieter, hum kept getting louder until it was unusable... and shortly after that, no output at all. After Svengling around,I decided the Warneck amp & hum shields were the way to go. Called Ken Rich... he answered the phone & talked me thru what I'd be getting into with installation. This was good because I'm NOT mechanically or electronically inclined, but I'm a believer that if I stare at something long enough I'll eventually start to figure it out. (Little confession- I found a video that showed how to install the shields on Vintage Vibe's site. Their process involved much more disassembly, but looked straight forward. I followed Ken's instructions, but VV's video helped me understand what I was looking at / dealing with.)

Got the amp & hum shields installed without a problem. It took me probably 10 times longer than people with a brain, but I got it done & it sounds wonderful. Loud, clean, hum-free and lovely. And now I see that the accessory package (padded gig bag, holder for legs & sus pedal and the straddler arms) on on sale. Eh, it's only money, right? :laugh:

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that gig bag that Ken offers seems awesome, although I have not seen one in the flesh.

I saw one a few years ago that Redkey brought to the Midwest KC hang in Chicago. It's pretty sweet. That whole package seems like a good deal... I just need to decide whether or not I ever want to take the Wurly out on a gig again. I had previously retired it from gigging, but with the new WR amp & hum shields, it's pretty tempting.

www.gmma.biz

And now I see that the accessory package (padded gig bag, holder for legs & sus pedal and the straddler arms) on on sale. Eh, it's only money, right? :laugh:

I've got that accessory package and can totally vouch for them.

Let me know if you'd like to check it out sometime.

I don't gig my current Wurli (my 7th) as it was in new condition when I found it a few years ago and it will remain in my living room.

Cool, mcgoo!

I've had 3 Wurlis - a 140B and 2 200's.

Me too on both accounts. :2thu:

My current Wurli is a 200, and I have taken the "Steve Nathan approach" to this one. It sounds great as it is. So I'm not f#$%ing with it, and I am one to F#$% with gear, most recently replacing the pre amp board on my E7 with the replacement from Vintage Vibe almost 2 years ago. If and when the time comes I'll be taking a drive to the Phili suburbs to visit Retrolinear, but that is not today. :cool:

:nopity:

My current Wurli is a 200, and I have taken the "Steve Nathan approach" to this one. It sounds great as it is. So I'm not f#$%ing with it...

I'd had mine for about 10 years before the amp started going south. Hum was intermittently an issue until lately. I've gigged with it a bit over the years. It's been pretty low maintenance, so I can't really complain about the repair cost. I do like the sound of it better now, it's cleaner and considerably louder.

www.gmma.biz

Archived