Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

William Hung is William Hung

http://entertainment.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=154177

I toadilly dig William Hung- not because of his singing abilities, but because of his attitude and and outlook on things.

And i'm sure he's enjoying all the attention that he's been getting as of late.

But I read stuff like this article and i can't help but think that he's simply being exploited. I know he's getting his share of things, but the poor guy is going to get milked for all he's worth, then dropped like a fuzzy dog turd when this is all over. Oh yeah, and this is interfering with his civil engineering degree.

I just hope it turns out alright for him.

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what he has said, he's totally aware that he is famous for "the wrong reasons", but he's just gonna go with it and do the best he can. He can't sing his way out of a paper bag right now, but I totally (toadily) agree with you - he's got a great attitude, and for even that reason alone, I'm glad he's around. I'm not gonna buy his CD, but I'm glad he's around!

Originally posted by phaeton:

http://entertainment.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=154177

I toadilly dig William Hung- not because of his singing abilities, but because of his attitude and and outlook on things.

And i'm sure he's enjoying all the attention that he's been getting as of late.

But I read stuff like this article and i can't help but think that he's simply being exploited. I know he's getting his share of things, but the poor guy is going to get milked for all he's worth, then dropped like a fuzzy dog turd when this is all over. Oh yeah, and this is interfering with his civil engineering degree.

I just hope it turns out alright for him.

You do realize his middle name is "Well"?
Have you recorded an MP3 today?

yeah this dude reaks of positivity, you gotta love that. I and a friend were just talking about him the other day, you could tell when he first came out the american idol folks thought " ok we've got a live one here, lets get some ratings at this guys expense", their tone was decidely negative, they talked down to him and were ready to pounce should the crowd scream for blood, but the sheer power of this cats positivity infects everyone around him and simply turned the tide in his favor, so now instead of the look at this joke route they were gonna take with him the ladys are lovin him, and nobody interviewing him wants to look like an asshole for being one towards him, it's like they're all wearing I wanna be down with william hung t-shirts. good for him.

the thing is, he's not awful, just bad. with a little practice and training he could actually be a decent average singer but never a huge star.

he's at least as good as many local band singers. some of the bands here make me cringe :rolleyes:

I'm just shocked and confused about the whole thing...I don't think he understands that he has a record deal because it is just a $17,000 advertisement (CHEAP!) for Fuse music network, the folks giving him the contract. If people are inspired, thats swell, I guess. It's kinda the Forrest Gump story... do "what is right," listen to your mama, don't think to hard, and you'll be rewarded for it. And don't forget- if you leave your hometown on a VW bus, smoke pot, protest the government, and sleep around like Jenny did, you'll die young and unhappy of AIDS.

btw-I don't mean for my avatar to be mean, just ironic.

I actually think that he should not improve too much, or he'll loose his charm. His schtick is that he is an awful singer with a good attitude, and so ugly, he's almost beautiful. If he starts to sing a little better, his carreer will be over. It's like the Rice Marching band recording of Louie Louie on the Louie Louie album from Rhino -- so bad it's good.

Incidentally, Hannishennagan -- not to anylize the analyst, but ever since you said that you were a therapist, I started noticing that you seem to be awfully concerned about what other people think of you. The last two posts I read of yours ended with a preemptive apology lest others judge you in a negative way for what are perfectly reasonable forms of expression. I'm not sure that that is "The Way Of The Hung"

:)

Dooby Dooby Doo

Originally posted by Duddits:

Incidentally, Hannishennagan -- not to anylize the analyst, but ever since you said that you were a therapist, I started noticing that you seem to be awfully concerned about what other people think of you. The last two posts I read of yours ended with a preemptive apology lest others judge you in a negative way for what are perfectly reasonable forms of expression. I'm not sure that that is "The Way Of The Hung"

:)

Hmmmm. Thanks for the validation, Duddits. I may be more concerned with people's opinion of me than I am aware, but I think it's more of a concern about offending others. This whole writing in a forum thing is a kinda new form of communication, culturally speaking, and I sometimes feel that I could put things more delicately or clearly. When people get pissed off, they seem to not be able to soak in/process what's been said, and just lash back (thus the SSS Political Party). I'd rather have a decent discussion without the flaming. But perhaps I could benefit from a bit more of the "The Way Of The Hung"? ;)

ps- what ever happened to the "I might just be a cat, but..." schtick?

Originally posted by Salodious:

If you find this interesting you should also look in your local entertainment listings for a band called 'Karaoke'. The lineup is ever-changing but the spark you're looking for is always there.

Isn't that spelled "Carioca"...& isn't it a city in Brazil?

Originally posted by phaeton:

i can't help but think that he's simply being exploited. I know he's getting his share of things, but the poor guy is going to get milked for all he's worth, then dropped like a fuzzy dog turd when this is all over.

The difference is that when they discard him, it won't be the same as when they discard a person who has worked hard their whole life to develop their talent.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Archived