Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: You know your significant other is "one of us" when...

Josh Paxton

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading the title, I thought I was going to read - "When you are both taking every gig and student you can possibly fit in the schedule and you still can't make the mortgage this month".

But this... this... is disgraceful. :laugh:

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

She writes melodies and songs just like her 2 older brothers (both singer-song writers and primarily gigging guitarists) but needs help with chords and arrangements for her tunes to make then songs...yeah, life is good. Sometimes I used to think of the other horrible possibilities that could have occurred in my life in terms of marriage, but I stopped doing that a long long time ago! Happy the Man!

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

...she sends you this text from her own gig:

Screen_Shot_2017_11_05_at_5_05_41_PM.png

http://bluefunk.rocks/NonBandPictures/STFacepalm.jpg

:roll:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

OK. I've looked at that photo several times today, and I've held off replying because I figured I must be missing something.......BUT

In what universe does that make any sense? The keyboard has a line out, right? Did the sound guy run outta line inputs but somehow had an extra mic input? Is he so guitar centric that he figures the best way to capture TONE is to mic the speaker?

Some times you gotta laugh to keep from crying.

(and it is impressive when she not only gets it, but immediately shares it with the one who fully understands!)

What CONSTANTLY happens to me at weddings is the videographer who comes up 3 minutes before the reception with his RCA cables asking for a mixer feed.

Barry

Home: Steinway L, Montage 8

Gigs: Yamaha CP88, Crumar Mojo 61, A&H SQ5 mixer, ME1 IEM, MiPro 909 IEMs

OK. I've looked at that photo several times today, and I've held off replying because I figured I must be missing something.......BUT

In what universe does that make any sense? The keyboard has a line out, right? Did the sound guy run outta line inputs but somehow had an extra mic input? Is he so guitar centric that he figures the best way to capture TONE is to mic the speaker?

Some times you gotta laugh to keep from crying.

(and it is impressive when she not only gets it, but immediately shares it with the one who fully understands!)

What CONSTANTLY happens to me at weddings is the videographer who comes up 3 minutes before the reception with his RCA cables asking for a mixer feed.

Maybe the line-outs on the keyboard went bad?

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

My guess is that pic is staged.

My girlfriend sent it to me from her own gig, and afterward told me the story behind it. Her band was supposed to play in one part of this venue which had a piano, but they got moved to a different spot at the last minute, and when they got there, that was what they found already set up. For the rest of the gig, the sound man continued to display the exact level of competence that that picture would lead you to expect. So if it is staged, it would seem to be part of a rather elaborate lie with no discernible benefit, other than possibly to amuse me (which, as a few forumites can attest to, she's more than capable of doing honestly). ;)

lol, that was my 2nd thought- if a sound guy mic'd it like that, how bad was he with everything else?

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Archived