Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Another Roland Fantom X possibility

Song80s

I am using Chicken Systems Fantom Creator Program. Good stuff.

Interesting, I didn't know about this, thanks for the tip. Since the Fantom's USB driver doesn't work in Sierra, how does this application communicate with it? Regular MIDI?

I still like to use my X7 at home, but many buttons are wonky, and the F2 is completely dead, which makes a lot of important operations impossible.

If I could somehow control the entire thing from the computer, that'd be great.

Yes, I am using my MIDI interface to communicate.

I also have an old PC laptop I just found, and the Roland USB driver, Editor, and librarian work on it.

My Late 2013 Retina Macbook Pro can see the Fantom over USB, but without a good driver, that's as far as it goes. It will not show up in audio/midi setup. Some are saying that Yosemite was the last OS X that you could fool the Mac with.

So if you use the Chicken Systems software, do you transfer samples via MIDI as well? That has to be painfully slow...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am using Chicken Systems Fantom Creator Program. Good stuff.

Interesting, I didn't know about this, thanks for the tip. Since the Fantom's USB driver doesn't work in Sierra, how does this application communicate with it? Regular MIDI?

I still like to use my X7 at home, but many buttons are wonky, and the F2 is completely dead, which makes a lot of important operations impossible.

If I could somehow control the entire thing from the computer, that'd be great.

Yes, I am using my MIDI interface to communicate.

I also have an old PC laptop I just found, and the Roland USB driver, Editor, and librarian work on it.

My Late 2013 Retina Macbook Pro can see the Fantom over USB, but without a good driver, that's as far as it goes. It will not show up in audio/midi setup. Some are saying that Yosemite was the last OS X that you could fool the Mac with.

So if you use the Chicken Systems software, do you transfer samples via MIDI as well? That has to be painfully slow...

I put the sample directly on an SD card, and load them from there. Very fast.

Most of my autosamples live on the SD card.

The things I sample directly into the X6 are stored on the 512mb memory module.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

Archived