Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Way OT: Much Ado About... Nothing

Synthoid

I'm really amazed with all this hoopla regarding Apple's animojis. It's been almost two months since introduction but still in the "tech news".

Seriously, come on now... I watched a snippet from their keynote presentation where Steve Martin's long lost-brother Craig Federighi makes a fool of himself demonstrating these things. :facepalm:

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdvqb3PJWYw

As amusing as this is, I was stunned by the amount of time Apple spent with the demo. Yeah, Face ID is a cool new feature of the iPhone X, but linking it with this?

OK. It's not for me.

But still... :facepalm:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep as a complete Apple fanboy ... I feel that Apple has moved from discussing significant technology issues (e.g. security, privacy, creativity) to discussing features. I wish them well, but growth has a way of distorting a company's vision. :freak:

Don't under estimate "fun factor".

Given the freedom of finances, citizens of the world would spend whatever they can on entertainments (ie. accounts with Cable TV/ISP, Netflix, Amazon Prime, MMORPGs, ever upgrading mobile devices, iTunes/Google Play, season tickets with sports teams, GAS/hottest synth of the season, etc. etc.). And many do these things regardless of their inner finance minister's pleas. Entertainment drives markets and increases adoption of new technologies and platforms 10 fold. The emoji feature is more compelling to most buyers than any spec jump. The face recognition cam as a spec only matters if you can do something fun with it. Apple knows this very well and that's how they make money hand over fist.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Yup.

1*5XQtQWmqey5WcqnhBCDrVg.png

^^^ A chiropractor's dream. 'Tech Neck' is a growing problem.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Every time someone stumbles into a fountain because they had their nose too far up a cell phone display, an angel gets its wings. :puff:

"Why can't they just make up something of their own?"
           ~ The great Richard Matheson, on the movie remakes of his book, "I Am Legend"

http://latenightfeud.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/The-Colbert-Emoji-Is-Now-On-Your-Phone...-Finally.jpg

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived