Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Reussenzehn keyboard preamps and organ amps

Pete the bean

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reussenzehn gear is top notch !

But as always, also matter of taste.

Normally I avoid boutique gear as long as I can, except I get the occasion checking it out, pull the trigger and go out of the shop with what I had checked out.

And even then, I´ll always fear it fails and when it does I´m far away from where the manufacturer is and I won´t have a chance for quick replacement.

But for the home, studio and spiritualistic gigs it´s excellent.

It´s great sound quality for sure and well designed !

A.C.

I had the Organ and Groove and the Organ Master Drive

back in the days when I had my XK3c.

Wasn't that happy, tends to mudden up.

This one was (far) superior:

http://tubeampmanufactur.de/organ-drive-orgelkeyboard-verzerrer/

IMHO the Reussenzehn Stuff is overrated, but that's me.

Try before you buy!

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Prophet 5, Roland SE02, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, Yamaha Montage M7

Live: Yamaha CP88, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Roland Fantom 07, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent

IMHO the Reussenzehn Stuff is overrated, but that's me.

Try before you buy!

Overrated by whom ?

He does HiFi, guitar/bass related stuff and some pieces for "keyboards".

When I recognized he does, from day one I had the impression creating gear for bass/guitar was the main experience and the keyboard gear came later on demand.

I also had the impression that gear works best w/ electromagnetic instruments, but w/ digital clones TOO .

I know some guys using organ clones and being happy w/ the organ & groove p.ex.,- so it´s matter of tase as I already mentioned above.

I myself, I don´t care anyway because my main interest is always getting an instrument I like as it is and don´t have to tinker w/ more external equipment just only to beef up it´s basic tone.

There was a reason why I sold ALL of my left over stompboxes form times of real Rhodes, Clavinet and organ.

At least for me it was all crap when been fed from digital gear like samplers, ROMPlers and organ clones,- the instruments not offering an FX insert loop (at all or the right point of the internal signal path) and the to be inserted device not offering a true-bypass mode to be removed from signal path completely on demand.

Every piece of gear you put between 2 others alters the sound of the source device and especially on the organ it highly depends on the drawbar settings if it sounds good, too harsh or too muddy.

But that´s only my experience.

A.C.

There was a reason why I sold ALL of my left over stompboxes form times of real Rhodes, Clavinet and organ.

Have to agree. I gave up on cheap gear because you get what you pay for.

I realize that not everybody can afford the expensive stuff but that is no justification to label them "overrated".

Normally I avoid boutique gear as long as I can, except I get the occasion checking it out, pull the trigger and go out of the shop with what I had checked out.

And even then, I´ll always fear it fails and when it does I´m far away from where the manufacturer is and I won´t have a chance for quick replacement.

Most of my boutique stuff has gone back to the manufacturer at least once. It's sort of my expectation now. I still like to support them when possible and for me most of this stuff is non-critical.

Busch.

Archived