Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MIDIQuesti - iPad MIDI Librarian from SoundQuest

Sven Golly

I'm surprised I haven't seen this posted yet... SoundQuest has released an iPad verion of their MIDIQuest Librarian Software. Free download, purchase instrument support via In-App Purchase. I've downloaded the app, but so far haven't figured out how to go to purchase any of my instruments that I've loaded; the purchase link is greyed out. Undoubtedly user error on my part, but nonetheless I don't know what pricing is per instrument. Hopefully not too much, or it could run up quite a bill for guys like me with a ton of hardware. ;)

Synthtopia article

Here's the list of hardware supported: MidiQuest iPad Instrument List

MIDIQuesti can be found in the iTunes library. :2thu:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Sven and others who may have had experiences with MIDIQuest's librarians in the past (OSX). I think the last time I tried it was OS9 - back then it wasn't terribly stable (for me at least).

Wishing them great luck on iOS for sure. There's very limited developers making any kind of effort on this front.

http://mtb.artteknika.com/index_en.html

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Yeah, it was buried in the iOS 11 thread.

Ah, didn't read that thread, so I missed it.

Hey, Sven and others who may have had experiences with MIDIQuest's librarians in the past (OSX). I think the last time I tried it was OS9 - back then it wasn't terribly stable (for me at least).

Wishing them great luck on iOS for sure. There's very limited developers making any kind of effort on this front.

http://mtb.artteknika.com/index_en.html

Yeah; not sure how useful it'll be on iOS, but the topic of librarian software has come up here recently, so thought it was worth mentioning for those that need such facilities. :)

Even though I bought MidiQuest for my Amiga over 20 years ago, he'll still give me the discounted upgrade price. That's pretty impressive and makes me want to purchase from him again. I'm just not sure I need it since the Kurz PC3 isn't supported, the Alesis Fusion has no Sys-Ex and my probable next purchase, a Korg PA4X, also isn't supported. All my other Alesis gear is covered by the wonderful QControl.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Early reports didn't look good, but I'm guessing it will eventually mature into a stable IOS product.

The track record of desktop software being ported to IOS is a bit uneven - stability and usability on a multitouch screen vs. mouse-driven desktop environment are typical issues.

Archived