Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

is paypal safe?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you mean??

I've used it for quite a while and not had any problems with it, and other than lots of spam mails supposedly coming from paypal asking me to confirm my credit card details, I've not heard of any credit card fraud arising from it.

If you mean safer from the point of the ensuring that the seller definitely sends you the stuff, I guess it isn't, you still take the same risk you would with any other form of payment. Although if the seller is on ebay and has over a certain rating (50, I think) and paypal is used, they will add extra postal insurance...

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

That isn't what paypal is for though, they are just a service for handling the transferring of money. An item not as advertised would have to go through eBay (who famously would also do nothing, but that's a seperate issue) or whoever you bought the item from.
Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

I've only had about half a dozen transactions go through PayPal, but I never had any kind of problem either getting money into or out of my account....
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBB Code Images are permitted.

how about an answer from a vendor!

its not totally safe from either side.

however Paypal now has buyer protection.

and paypal usually will go to bat for you.

however check out the seller. each seller has a listed number of sales. also check www.resellerratings.com

if its a person and they only have a few sales/purchases then make sure you get buyer protection.

i have only had one issue with taking paypal and it was resolved in my favor, but i have heard horor stories from both sides.

even with all that there is no perfect guarantee.

Scott

ADK

Originally posted by Base:

That isn't what paypal is for though, they are just a service for handling the transferring of money. An item not as advertised would have to go through eBay (who famously would also do nothing, but that's a seperate issue) or whoever you bought the item from.

You can tranfer money for the cost of a stamp via the US Postal Service. If you get screwed it becomes a federal offense, and if you can catch up with the ass who burned you, at least he'll get procecuted and you may have a chance of getting your bread back.

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Analog approach to digital recording.

I HATE Paypal. I asked them to take $400 off of a credit card on a Friday afternoon, but they didn't.

I come home on a Monday night and check my e-mail to see that Paypal has emailed me. "Great, that means it was a smooth transaction," I thought.

Well it turns out that even after I told them credit card,they took it out of my bank account. The account only had $150 in it. So, they sent me a letter saying it didn't work, and that they would try again Monday morning.This email was sent on a Saturday. So,they tried a second time, without even asking me if I wanted to again. I still didn't have the money,obviously. So I finally call Paypal and told them I was never going to use it again. They didn't even try to get me to keep my account.

So a few days later I get a thing from the bank. They say they are going to charge $30 for each time Paypal couldnt get the money. So, I lost $60.

I have used Paypal with no problems for a couple of years now. Both buying and selling on eBay. It has also come in handy when someone else with a Paypal account is paying me for something that I haven't sold through eBay.
Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

Archived