Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Holy cow- another gear shop shutters!

Dannyalcatraz

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate to see the business go, but can understand the wife not wanting to carry on and hand it over to those that can still make things work. I truly enjoyed the gear videos as they made making purchases much easier in the pedal world...+1 it looks like they will continue making the videos. :cool:
Take care, Larryz

Yikes! One of my favourite vendors, even if just for electric guitar stuff.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Holy sh!t!

I guess that the market has gotten kinda saturated, while also diminishing...

+1 You have to come up with something very special and with good quality in the pedal market, or you'll die a quick death...I hate to see guitar and related businesses go under... :cry:

Take care, Larryz

I hate to see guitar and related businesses go under... :cry:

They priced them selves too high, instead of making a 30% above cost profit, the music stores want 40% above cost, and the manufacturer is probably at 50% or better above cost. You can buy lots of decent gear made overseas for 1/5th the price of the American made stuff or higher dollar foreign made gear. And it is not all low labor costs from foreign competition either. It is corporate greed. And "overly advertising" costs. The USA companies have priced themselves out of the market with greed.

I'm hoping the 2nd time around Mom and Pop's guitar shops will keep things going. My new guitar budget is $1,000 to $2,000, but I'm not in the market for buying new or used as I have too many guitars. I wouldn't mind selling a few on consignment if a good used store opens up in my area. The big guns wanting $3,000 to $4,000 for a guitar have definitely priced themselves out of the market. But, I think the market is also saturated with all sorts of cheap equipment and fewer people interested in playing guitars these days... :cool:
Take care, Larryz

Archived