Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

World Series keyboards

Dnsmo

Dodger Stadium organist Dieter Ruehle plays a Nord?? Someone please enlighten me as to how those sounds are coming from this board!

Also, does anyone know what instrument Jim Connors is using at Minute Maid Park?

1*Y7bsnPDHpL4kdYfziia1eQ.jpeg

Dennis

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Dennis,

It looks like he has some cool stuff there. Besides the Nord, he's got the Boss DR-880 Rhythm that has drum and bass.

He's using the Mackie 1608 iPad mixer.

The big box on his right is a 360systems DR-600 Instant Reply that records and plays audio clips. Lots of media shows use them, such as radio.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

Notice the Dodgers logo under the Replay unit and the ends of the Nord are also painted blue.

iphone-la-dodgers.jpg

C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

David,

It's a lean and mean setup that Dieter has at Dodger Stadium, complete with Dodgers logos (as pointed out above). I just didn't imagine I was hearing a Nord while watching the games, but it gets the job done.

Ed Alstrom's rig at Yankee Stadium is pretty sweet:

[video:youtube]-LPaSj0ZAKI

Dennis

Ed A is next level bad ass. I wish I had pedal chops even close.

Yeah all MLB organists have their own way of doing things. Some rock the Tyros (Bobby Freeman, Ed A) for accompaniment to a full organ with pedals. Some use the organ's built in accompaniments (Josh Kantor of the Red Sox). Some don't use accompaniment at all but play dual manual and pedals (me). Some just use a single manual (Dieter) or a dual manual with no pedals (me for minor league hockey).

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

David,

It's a lean and mean setup that Dieter has at Dodger Stadium, complete with Dodgers logos (as pointed out above). I just didn't imagine I was hearing a Nord while watching the games, but it gets the job done.

Ed Alstrom's rig at Yankee Stadium is pretty sweet:

[video:youtube]-LPaSj0ZAKI

Proper. The way it's meant to be played.

That's time well spent practicing the organ from age 5 right there.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Yet another thread rendered almost unreadable because of people posting massive images (and really, do we need a 2000 pixel wide Dodgers logo? :rolleyes: )

Just keep posting until we get to page 2.

Almost there, almost there.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Yet another thread rendered almost unreadable because of people posting massive images (and really, do we need a 2000 pixel wide Dodgers logo? :rolleyes: )

Just keep posting until we get to page 2.

Almost there, almost there.

Are we there yet?

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

Archived