Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wich sound does he use ?

Dextroze

Hello hello,

I'm playing in a new project and I need to know how the keyboard player make this sound at -4,23 min (https://www.facebook.com/worldwidefm.net/videos/1668974619843800/)

The chords he makes with the effect at the end of the chord...

What sound is it and how he does it ?

I don't have a Nord, only the arturia suite and a master keyboard.

I'm really new to the world of digital sounds and I don't even know how to find these sounds myself.

I might have other questions in this style soon, and if you know any tutorial about this feel free to tell me :)

Thanks a lot for the help...as always :)

Nord Electro 6D / Prophet Rev2/ Digitakt / Minilogue / Keyscape -

New video :

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to have a Black Nord Electro to make those sounds.

Just kidding.

I think you are talking about the synth sound he is making on the Moog Lil Phatty - not digital but analog synth.

Moe

---

"I keep wanting to like it's sound, but every demo seems to demonstrate that it has the earth-shaking punch and peerless sonics of the Roland Gaia. " - Tusker

http://www.hotrodmotm.com

Are you are talking about the chord (the sustained sound) or the lead? The lead is definitely the Little Phatty and the chord seems to be coming from the Roland Boutique module perched on the right hand side of the Electro and triggered from it.

It may well be the JV08. It's a fairly typical twin oscillator pad/string sound like this:

[video:youtube]

Most soft-synths will have something like that for you to use. It comes up suddenly at the end of the song only because the rest of the band is dying away. He uses it in the choruses.

During the verses he uses the Roland for a brighter sound with lfo modulation which gives the wobbly sound as it dies away. He is musical but he hasn't thought through his ergonomics because at 1.25 he switches from the pad (chorus) to the lfo wobble (verse) ... and forgets to turn off the vibrato on the Phatty's mod-wheel. Doh! Good recovery though. :)

Soft synths will allow you to switch between patches more smoothly than this. (For example using a footswitch)

I don't have a Nord, only the arturia suite and a master keyboard.

the Model D Minimoog in your Auturia software will get you this sound, or really close, anyway

Yeah that works :D thanks !!

New video :

During the verses he uses the Roland for a brighter sound with lfo modulation which gives the wobbly sound as it dies away.

That's also that wobbly sound I want to recreate. I don't really know how to make it at the end of the sound ?

New video :

During the verses he uses the Roland for a brighter sound with lfo modulation which gives the wobbly sound as it dies away.

That's also that wobbly sound I want to recreate. I don't really know how to make it at the end of the sound ?

Actually, now I think the electro is what is dying away, and revealing the much softer JV-08 sound. Jupiter 8's LFO has a delay parameter so that it doesn't begin the modulation upon note strike, but comes in afterward as you hold the chord down. Presumably the JV-08 has the same parameter. It's fairly common on modern synths.

It's time for you to start messing around yourself. Have fun. Tell us what you discover. :cool:

Actually, now I think the electro is what is dying away, and revealing the much softer JV-08 sound. Jupiter 8's LFO has a delay parameter so that it doesn't begin the modulation upon note strike, but comes in afterward as you hold the chord down. Presumably the JV-08 has the same parameter. It's fairly common on modern synths.

It's time for you to start messing around yourself. Have fun. Tell us what you discover. :cool:

Thank you :)

Sadly I don't see any delay parameter ! Capture_d_e_cran_2017_10_26_a_12_29_38.png

New video :

The Nord Electro is definitely set to a single E-piano sound: only the lower part is activated, and it's set to "piano", with the piano bank EP1 indicated, so it can't be a layer piano sample, nor can it be layered with anything else internally.

The Roland Boutique thingie looks like a JU-06 to me, which is a Juno-106 clone, not a Jupe.

Archived