Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

L.A. Pelted With Foreign Substance!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rats - it's payback time from the folks on the right coast - I gave them a hard time over the snow a few weeks ago, when it was 75 and sunny here.

Now I've got a spot on the roof that needs to be fixed or it will leak - and it's going to RANE?

I wonder if a parametric EQ will help me? ;)

Seriously - no rain here - but it's been cloudy all day.

I had a couple of drops hit my windshield, driving through the Valley this afternoon. That's it. So much for April Showers.

Did anyone feel a sonic boom or explosion or earthquake or something around 11:00-ish? That was weird too.

- Jeff

There's weird stuff all around. Anyone ever read one of those "Stranger Than..." type books? They talk about weird occurrences, the ghost lights of Marfa, Texas, for instance. How odd things have fallen from the sky in years past...some almost explainable (like raining fish following a hurricane or waterspout), but some defy explanation...(such as the "Barisal guns"...do a Google search). The odd "booms" heard almost sound like the Barisal guns stories...only those were on record years before any sort of supersonic flight came into being.

Pretty bizarre. May be explainable...but possibly not. Cool to read about anyway.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Valkyrie Sound:

Phil!

I'm scared.... somebody hold me! :D

Valky

I have a feeling you'll receive quite a few offers!!!! :D

(Croons in Bill Murray lounge singer voice)

If my arms could reach...

From Kansas City to L.A.

You'd think I was a freak

And run the other wayyyyyy...

Otherwise sure, Valky...

This substance is dihydrogen monoxide.

Dihydrogen monoxide is an odorless, tasteless chemical used in a number of industrial processes -- including the production of Stryofoam! -- that could threaten human health and safety if accidentally inhaled.*

*In sufficient quantities. It's, of course, water. But you knew that. Why am I writing this?

YOU FUCKING WEST COAST WEINIES!!!!!!

There.

i said it.

WIMPS.

i said it again. sorr...PANSIES!!!

lightweights.

"boohoo..it's watering from the skyyyyyyy!!"

PANTYWAISTS!

there.

i

said it. :D

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Oh, my bad...guess I didn't read the original post closely enough.

When I was a younger meteorologist up in Valdez, Alaska, I wrote a special weather statement to say that a strange glowing object had been sighted in the skies over Valdez. I went on to say that the object, according to local legend, was called the "sun"...and hadn't been seen for well over a month. Yup...it rains (and snows) a lot in Valdez.

Well, the local Met folks on TV had no clue about this one... according to my wife anyway. She said the news last night called for it to get a bit cooler, but said nothing about rain.

Blame the meteorologists! Blame the meteorologists! Lynch Tedster! It's all HIS fault the sky is falling! :D

Hey, look at the bright side...you all get to live in Seattle for a day or two. :D

Looks like it should be letting up (if it hasn't already) as the energy from the upper low pushes east. Arizona, New and Old Mexico, and Texas are getting most of it.

Rats - it's payback time from the folks on the right coast
Nope... after a week of uplifting weather we got the same depressing stuff here in NW PA. Our little berg of 8000 or so had 60 traffic accidents yesterday afternoon. Cats still too stupid to slow down even after a whole winter of this shit.

William F. Turner

Songwriter

turnersongs

Sometimes the truth is rude...

tough shit... get used to it.

Archived