Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammond Sk1 no sound issue

dsgaa

My Hammond Sk1 have suddenly stopped producing sound from the darkest note up to the middle of the keyboard (half of the keyboard is dead basically), but the other half works fine. I have disassemble the Sk1 and had a look but everything seems to be OK.

I'm all out of ideas :D

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds as though the SK1 is in split mode and the lower half of the split is assigned to receive via MIDI or the lower half of the keybed has a note range that is lower than the lowest note on the keybed. Can you do a factory reset and see if it comes to life?

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit 93 Band

Even simpler, it's probably in split mode and the lower manual is set to 000000000. :roll:

As for ideas, how about contacting Hammond? I hate to be the bearer of common sense, but that would be the first place I would tend to go when a product I own is misbehaving...

Exactly contact Ray at Hammond support.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

. . . how about contacting Hammond? I hate to be the bearer of common sense, but that would be the first place I would tend to go when a product I own is misbehaving...

Or get in touch with the salesperson who sold you your SK1, if you bought it new. The best of them actually know a lot about the stuff they sell. :D

Nobody here can dance like me.  Everybody clapping on the one and the three.

—Jason Isbell

. . . how about contacting Hammond? I hate to be the bearer of common sense, but that would be the first place I would tend to go when a product I own is misbehaving...

Or get in touch with the salesperson who sold you your SK1, if you bought it new. The best of them actually know a lot about the stuff they sell. :D

There's that too, although I'm accustomed to being told that there isn't a single salesperson worth a damn in the continental U.S. apparently. ;)

Now in Canada... :cool:

Archived